All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Have not eaten at G & M's for a few years, also Phillips, but Phillips used to make the BEST Crab Imperial ever? Where do you suggest, besides my house?:D Most folks want to stay close to the Inner Harbor.

Honestly, I don't like any crabcakes I've ever tasted anywhere. LOL They seem to put a lot of filler, spices, and add ons in them that don't belong. I only put egg, mayo, one slice of bread, small sprinkle of Worcester sauce, and old bay in mine. I also just jumbo lump blue crab. I hate ordering a crabcake and see pimentos, peppers, and anything else they can find in the kitchen to fill it with. If you make a good crabcake I'd just have them eat at your house.

Edited by skiwee

Honestly, I don't like any crabcakes I've ever tasted anywhere. LOL They seem to put a lot of filler, spices, and add ons in them that don't belong. I only put egg, mayo, one slice of bread, small sprinkle of Worcester sauce, and old bay in mine. I also just jumbo lump blue crab. I hate ordering a crabcake and see pimentos, peppers, and anything else they can find in the kitchen to fill it with. If you make a good crabcake I'd just have them eat at your house.

sounds like you make the perfect crab cake - GREAT....now I want a crab cake - LOL

I make mine pretty much the same way...........every now and then I will buy Phillips in the freezer on sale, used to say hand made by ............insert their name. It makes an easy dinner, but fresh lump or fresh caught and hand picked by me are the best!!!!!!!!:D

I make mine pretty much the same way...........every now and then I will buy Phillips in the freezer on sale, used to say hand made by ............insert their name. It makes an easy dinner, but fresh lump or fresh caught and hand picked by me are the best!!!!!!!!:D

Have either of you ever eaten at the old mill in Delmar DE? I used to live near it and the smells would make me so hungry...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have either of you ever eaten at the old mill in Delmar DE? I used to live near it and the smells would make me so hungry...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We live in DE south of Dover and go to Old Mill periodically. It is on the DE/MD border, about 15 miles north of Salisbury, MD. For the person near U of DE, it's at the opposite end of the state. (Since DE is only 99 miles long, it's not that far.)

Old Mill Crabhouse is great. If you like crabs, it is a MUST GO place. For years I thought I was allergic to shellfish so I've never had their crabs or crabcakes. I recently learned I am NOT allergic, but crabs are too much work for me to bother with. My family usually gets the all you can eat crabs so we are there for hours, it seems. They have other selections for non-crab eaters.

Google the place and view the menu. Also, I think they are closed several months out of the year so check. If you are at the DE beaches in the summer, Old Mill is worth the ride over to eat. Lots of beach folks seem to eat there.

Getting ready to take our luggage down to get on the shuttle to the Pride. Next stop, Grand Turk...we're outta here! :D

We are leaving shortly. I saw she docked over an hour ago so we should not have too long if a wait.

Brian

Have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Did I miss something while I was on my Conquest repo cruise?

I can't find the 12/8/14 2nd leg of the Pride repo for San Juan to Tampa on Carnival's website or one of the online sites I checked. It IS still on another online agency's site but only comes up as "call to book" and I can't see available cabins.

I'd been watching prices for a few months. Is it just "Carnival being Carnival?"

Did I miss something while I was on my Conquest repo cruise?

I can't find the 12/8/14 2nd leg of the Pride repo for San Juan to Tampa on Carnival's website or one of the online sites I checked. It IS still on another online agency's site but only comes up as "call to book" and I can't see available cabins.

I'd been watching prices for a few months. Is it just "Carnival being Carnival?"

Carnival ended up cancelling the last few cruises they had for the Pride coming out of Baltimore and from San Juan. It's going into dry dock mid October (I believe) and then being sent on to Tampa.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted another excuse to spend some time in San Juan and I loved my Conquest repo cruise.

I always complained that Carnival moved ships empty instead of selling repositioning cruises, so I jumped on the Conquest repo as soon as I saw it. And was thrilled when I saw the two for Pride (love that class ship). I've done two repo cruises now (Conquest and my one RCI cruise) and loved them both.

And now they're cancelling them? :mad:

My two 1-way airfares were cheaper than a roundtrip to San Juan, too.

Are they going to offer a B'more-Tampa sailing or just sail her empty?

What time are the rooms typically ready for guests by? Trying to time so that we can get to time so we get to the port, check in and be able to go straight to the rooms and drop off carry on's? We only live a hour from the port so I was kinda of thinking of being dropped off at the terminal at about 1:30. Tia

I'll bring up the subject of the cancelled repositioning cruises again.

Was there any reason given? Did anyone ask Mr. Heald on his blog or FB page?

I'd love to know their rationale behind this.

Checking the prices for next Nov/Dec, and they're rather higher than basically the same cruise from FLL or Miami. I found that was the case when I would check the Legend sailings, too. I love this ship class and wanted to sail them all (not possible now), but I'm not going to pay more for essentially the same cruise just to sail a particular ship class. And I'm not paying more to sail from Baltimore to "just" get to the Bahamas.

I'm still ticked off about this. :mad: