All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Has anyone sailed in May? We've been checking everyday for fttf to open up but if she's typically late then there's no point.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

I think I may have grabbed up the last fttf for that sailing, grumpy! When I booked it a few weeks ago it said one ticket left! I've heard they sometimes open up more and that it's really not overly benifical for Baltimore. But with my 2 littles and lugging onboard 4 carry-ons, 24 bottles of water and 24 juice boxes I'm happy just knowing our room should ready early so we can drop everything off before going to grab some lunch. :D

I was on the fence about getting it but I think it will work out. Even if there is a delay in boarding and we get on the ship the same time as everyone else, I think the FTTF tender to HMC and the Guest Service line alone will help offset the money spent.

On our last cruise (4 yrs ago on RCCL) it was my DH's 1st cruise and I remember getting on board by 12:15 and lugging everything to the buffet to eat and then we took a seat in the library for a good 45 mins before we could go to our cabin at 1:30. Only THEN did we explore the ship because we didn't want to lug everything around and not have a free hand for snapping pics.

This time it will be DS (9) first cruise, My DH's 2nd but 1st Carnival and My first time in a Balcony (9b) so to experience all of our 1st with ease when we board...yes, to me the FTTF will be well worth the purchase.

How are the 4K's? We were able to get them for our free cabin offer. There weren't any balcony left and those are the only rooms I have been in. Sort of nervous about not having that view:(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 4ks on the spirit class ships are great! For our Pride repo cruise that just opened for sailings a little over 2 weeks ago all but a few of the 4ks are sold out already. They go like hotcakes!

Edited by rrraydon

I just called and all free rooms are gone on my sailing. Oh well, I'm just super happy we got the ones we got:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great attitude. :)

I hope all of you that scored this 'free' cruise have a great time. :)

I think I may have grabbed up the last fttf for that sailing, grumpy! When I booked it a few weeks ago it said one ticket left! I've heard they sometimes open up more and that it's really not overly benifical for Baltimore. But with my 2 littles and lugging onboard 4 carry-ons, 24 bottles of water and 24 juice boxes I'm happy just knowing our room should ready early so we can drop everything off before going to grab some lunch. :D

I'll help you carry your stuff! I'm great with kids!! Take me with you!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

I will keep checking it every day until we actually leave Union Station.

I updated my free room to an ocean view. Not as nice as a balcony but at least you know when the sun comes up.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

I'm one who actually prefers an inside cabin to an OV. I like it super dark when I'm sleeping. I've been known to get up and stuff a towel along the bottom of the door if there was too much light seeping in.

Don't all ships have deck cams that you can just turn the TV channel to if you must have the sun come up?

I'm an early riser. I just get up when my body clock says get up. If I have to know what the weather's like, I turn to the deck cam. Or, better yet, I get dressed and climb a few flights of stairs and walk out on deck to see for myself! ;)

I'm one who actually prefers an inside cabin to an OV. I like it super dark when I'm sleeping. I've been known to get up and stuff a towel along the bottom of the door if there was too much light seeping in.

Don't all ships have deck cams that you can just turn the TV channel to if you must have the sun come up?

I'm an early riser. I just get up when my body clock says get up. If I have to know what the weather's like, I turn to the deck cam. Or, better yet, I get dressed and climb a few flights of stairs and walk out on deck to see for myself! ;)

I'm one of those people who just keeps sleeping if it's dark so I would sleep the entire cruise. :s

I do like putting the TV on the lido deck channel so I can see how many people are up and about before me.

I've done some reading on the East Coast Departures board, looking for a hotel with cruise parking and shuttle.

Since I'm driving up from NC, would it make sense to stay nearer the airport? Inner Harbor would be nice, but this is supposed to be my cheapo post-tax-season relaxation getaway. It's already costing me nearly double what I had originally booked (3 people in an inside on Fantasy for 5 nights compared to solo on Pride for 7 (no single supplement, at least!)).

So I'd rather not spend a small fortune on the hotel.

I get loyalty points from Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt, so would prefer a hotel related to one of those companies that includes breakfast, parking and RT shuttle.

What's your experience with embarkation in early May? I'm Platinum, so can board right away, but I'm used to arriving at the port between 11 and 11:30 and getting right on the ship.

Is there a separate scanner line for Platinum? In Charleston, there is not. You don't split off from the crowd until after you've stood in line for the scanner. The way they do embarkation (with everyone being shuttled to the building), it keeps the lines down, so the wait is never very long. Just curious about Baltimore.

NCTribeFan ~ go to http://www.cruisemaryland.com, there is a listing of local hotels, some near the Inner Harbor and some near the airport. Many of them offer stay and park packages so you can leave your vehicle on-site and they will transport you to and from the cruise terminal. Saves the cost of parking at the terminal. Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums might be a good choice for you, it's a pretty quick trip to the cruise terminal.

Cannot speak for May embarkation but the times I have sailed out of Baltimore embarkation was always pretty smooth with a short (if at all) wait before boarding if you arrive around 11:30 or so. Enjoy!

I've done some reading on the East Coast Departures board, looking for a hotel with cruise parking and shuttle...

I get loyalty points from Holiday Inn, Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt, so would prefer a hotel related to one of those companies that includes breakfast, parking and RT shuttle.

We have done the Pride 3x and have always stayed at the Hampton Inn White Marsh (Hilton affiliated). Lovely, clean hotel, friendly staff, free hot breakfast, outdoor pool. They have a shuttle that picks up and takes you right to the pier (about a 20 minute drive)... getting off the ship, you call when you clear customs and they have always been there within 10 minutes to pick you back up and return to hotel. Also the hotel is right near a large mall, shopping, restaurants, and a movie theatre. Of course, if you are driving up from NC it is a little out of the way as it is north of the harbor, but I would recommend it 100%.

Thanks for the info, CorrieCJ. I neglected to mention that I'm sailing solo so want to be sure I don't stay somewhere where I may wander into an area I should avoid. I stay pretty aware of my surroundings, and even though part of me thinks "no one will bother this old woman," you just never know.

I'm going to try to get something booked this weekend so I'll have all my planning finished and can concentrate on excessive work hours and extreme brain-mush until after 4/15. ;)

want to be sure I don't stay somewhere where I may wander into an area I should avoid. I stay pretty aware of my surroundings, and even though part of me thinks "no one will bother this old woman," you just never know.

Understood. I found the White Marsh area to have a suburban type demographic, did not see any issues with the surroundings. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

We're sailing on the pride in 72 days! Just wondering if anyone who has sailed recently can tell me if they do any Dr. Seuss related activities yet in Camp Carnival. I know the full roll out has not taken place, but just wondering if they do any Dr. Seuss story times, crafts or movies or anything like that. My kids are 3 and 5 and really enjoy Dr Seuss' stories. Also if any recent (2014) cruisers have copies of the Camp Carnival Capers I'd LOVE to see some new ones! The most recent ones I could find were from May 2013. Thanks!!!!! :D

Thanks for the info, CorrieCJ. I neglected to mention that I'm sailing solo so want to be sure I don't stay somewhere where I may wander into an area I should avoid. I stay pretty aware of my surroundings, and even though part of me thinks "no one will bother this old woman," you just never know.

I'm going to try to get something booked this weekend so I'll have all my planning finished and can concentrate on excessive work hours and extreme brain-mush until after 4/15. ;)

You can never go wrong staying somewhere downtown near the Inner Harbor! There is so much to do and see and there are plenty of hotels in a pretty small radius on Pratt Street. If you stay downtown you'd have easy access to the Aquarium, Science Center, Edgar Allen Poe House and other museums, lots of great restaurants, and some pretty cool neighborhoods: Harbor East, Canton, Fells Point, and Federal Hill.

Whitemarsh is also a really nice area and pretty quiet and laidback as opposed to being downtown right in the thick of everything. The mall is nice (though Towson Town Center is a pretty good option too) and there are shops, restaurants, and movie theatre across the street at The Avenue. I'm a Baltimore native so if you have any questions about an area or hotel feel free to ask away. :)