All Things PRIDE!!

rrraydon

Two questions for those of you who have sailed the Pride, for us first timers!!

1) This is from the CC Review: "Spa Carnival, located all the way forward on Deck 9, comprises two levels, with a fully equipped, two-deck-high gymnasium surrounded by glass walls overlooking the bow; an interior hydrotherapy pool; an aerobics studio for classes and workouts (Pilates, yoga and individual instruction carry a slight extra charge); complimentary steam and sauna rooms for Pride guests; and locker rooms and showers." Now how does the "hydrotherapy" pool differ from the thallosotheraphy pool on the Dream? And, is there an extra charge per week for access and limited access like on the Dream?

2) We have done the Chef's Table a couple of times. Totally!! enjoyed it when done in the Library setting. Not so much in the kitchen. The kitchen was hot, hot, hot, and loud, loud, loud, loud. Not fun. Can anyone tell me where the Chef's Table is held on the Pride?

Thanks so much for any info!!

There is a tour of the kitchen, but the CT itself is done on the lower level of the nightclub.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We're looking at the Pride for August 2015 :) Will have to read this thread from start to finish!

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Keep in mind that she will get 2.0 upgrades before you cruise as well.

I got FTTF for May sailing out of Baltimore, since our rooms will be ready as soon as we board, is there any reason to give our bags to the porter? I have just a carry on and 1 regular size piece of luggage. Also, FTTF says 11:00. I assume that's when they will be boarding?

Port scanners are just like airport scanners. So, if it's small enough to go through any scanner, you can carry it on.

But if you have FTTF, your bags will be at your cabin quite early. Why not just check the largest/heaviest and let someone else do the work? ;)

I'll be solo and will have a bottle of wine in my carry-on. That gets heavy quickly.

When I sailed to Bermuda from Norfolk, I decided I'd just drag on all my bags (that was a 6-night cruise). By the time I was checked in, I'd decided that it really wasn't such a great idea. By the time I dragged two fairly-small rolling bags and a carry-on over my shoulder, and a purse, up the ramps and onto the ship, I really had decided it wasn't such a great idea! :p

Officerswife - I wouldn't expect to board the Pride at 11am. We just sailed on her last week. We docked about 9am, and our group (#18) got the announcement to disembark just after 12. There were still plenty of people needing to get off the ship by the number of bags still unclaimed in the baggage area at 12:15. So I would guess the ship was not empty of passengers until 12:30 at least? I don't believe they will board any new passengers until all the old ones are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have read through a few threads about the Pride & FTTF. For when she arrives later then expected how did Carnival notify you of a later FTTF time to arrive? Was it via email, text, phone call. Just wondering!!

Also who had a tag stating 11 am and really DID get there at 11 am and broaded shortly after?

I got FTTF for May sailing out of Baltimore, since our rooms will be ready as soon as we board, is there any reason to give our bags to the porter? I have just a carry on and 1 regular size piece of luggage. Also, FTTF says 11:00. I assume that's when they will be boarding?

We had FTTF this past January but there was a big delay in boarding that day

They didn't start the process until after twelve. We got to the pier around ten fifteen and had to wait two hours. That was a big disappointment

I really shouldn't complain though because it was a free cruise.

'

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

We were on the Pride in Oct 2013 and Jan 2014. Both time we had FTTF. Your rooms will be available as soon as you board. They place signs on the fire doors that indicate only FTTF guests may access the stateroom areas. As far as you suitcases it truly depends on you. If you are driving to the terminal the porters will take your bags from your truck and deliver them to your room. We had our bags within an hour or so of boarding. If your cruise stops at HMC, tenders will be used and with FTTF you get to go to the head of the line when you are leaving the ship. We had a great time and I hope you do too.

We had FTTF this past January but there was a big delay in boarding that day

They didn't start the process until after twelve. We got to the pier around ten fifteen and had to wait two hours. That was a big disappointment

I really shouldn't complain though because it was a free cruise.

'

We were on the Pride in Oct 2013 and Jan 2014. Both time we had FTTF. Your rooms will be available as soon as you board. They place signs on the fire doors that indicate only FTTF guests may access the stateroom areas. As far as you suitcases it truly depends on you. If you are driving to the terminal the porters will take your bags from your truck and deliver them to your room. We had our bags within an hour or so of boarding. If your cruise stops at HMC, tenders will be used and with FTTF you get to go to the head of the line when you are leaving the ship. We had a great time and I hope you do too.

Thank you all.. I guess I'll see when it gets closer as to boarding time. Thanks for the advice to all who responded.

They actually have been returning consistently later again; more in line with the original Baltimore sailings. There was a period where they were coming in between 8 and 9 pretty regularly, but we have noticed later arrivals lately, and we were notified that our return next week wouldn't be until 10am. I wouldn't expect to board the Pride until 1pm or so at this point. They also announced that we would sail later, 6pm if I recall.

Sorry if this is already answered, but is she typically I time in May?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Keep in mind that on time is still not until 9am... Usually even in the good weather the pride boarding does not start until at least 12:30pm... It takes a good 3 hours to get everyone off... Baltimore is a port that FTTF does not help too much if at all with early boarding, however, you still have a special line for guests services and if you have a tender, then it will help there as well, if you like to be off the ship early in port.

It won't go go waste no matter what time you board because you will be able to go directly to your cabin and drop off your carryons. You will even get your luggage before the other passengers do

Keep in mind that on time is still not until 9am... Usually even in the good weather the pride boarding does not start until at least 12:30pm... It takes a good 3 hours to get everyone off... Baltimore is a port that FTTF does not help too much if at all with early boarding, however, you still have a special line for guests services and if you have a tender, then it will help there as well, if you like to be off the ship early in port.

Agreed. I've sailed the Pride a time or two; almost all of our sailings as Platinum members. The earliest that we've ever boarded was 12:30, the latest close to 2pm. The first couple of years they would depart Freeport later than they do now, and arrivals were closer to 10am. At that point cabins weren't available until 2:30pm, so when they boarded at 1pm, you would get a benefit of an hour and a half (had fttf been available then). When they started leaving Freeport earlier and arriving in Baltimore at 9am, pax were asked to vacate their cabins earlier and they generally became available around 1:30pm, a benefit of maybe an hour or so if arrival was on time. The parking lot never opens prior to 11am, so the absolute earliest (and that assumes an on time departure from Freeport and no weather or other delays) that anyone driving could ever board the Pride would be noon, so again your back to one and a half hours max. We typically have started arriving a little later because 12:30-1pm is really a more typical experience. Whether fttf is worth it to anyone individually is up to them, but I agree that in Baltimore you definitely get the least bang for your buck.