Hotel Suggestion - Long Beach Pier on Windsor Way

CALMOM

I'm looking for a reasonable hotel close to the Carnival Long Beach Pier, located at 231 Windsor Way, Long Beach, for my 3/11/11 cruise. I would love to find one that offers shuttle service to and from and be able to leave my car at the hotel for the 3 day cruise. I have heard that the Pier Parking charges $15/day, does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.

Treat yourself and consider the Queen Mary. It is docked adjacent to the Carnival ship, so all you do is walk off the Queen Mary and walk over to your ship. Is the Queen a bit work, yep, but it is still wonderful. Frankly we had a great Carnival cruise, but staying on the Queen is a highlight. If you stay you get a discount on the Ghosts and Legends tour which I loved. There is also a lot to see on the Queen and she has some wonderful history in WWII for instance. The next morning we stayed for the Champagne brunch which I also loved, we were treated like royalty and the food was wonderful. The main dining room is still in good shape. Just a thought, but like I said it was a highlight of my cruise. Lydia of Ohio

I agree, Queen Mary. They often offer discounts for cruisers. Easy parking. Same property as the Carnival dock. Just walk over when you are ready. They used to also offer early check in of your bagage for your cruise the next day through the Queen Mary. I don't know if they still offer this but it is worth checking out.

Bon Voyage!

We've stayed at the Best Western in Long Beach, they have a stay and sail rate and shuttle you to and from the cruise terminal. Next March we have two rooms booked at the Holiday Inn Long Beach Airport, they also have a park & Stay rate, only they allow up to 2 weeks parking for the same rate.

I'm booked at the Hotel Maya (recently sold to Doubletree I believe) but I can't recommend either way because its a first stay. It is also next to the pier but they will shuttle you for free. Not sure about parking though. Anyone else ever stay there that can lend a hand here?:)

We have stayed at the Doubletree Maya before it was a Doubletree. We also booked to stay there for our Splendor cruise in Jan. that was subsequently canceled. It is a very nice hotel BUT not cheap!!

They do have a park n sail rate but again it is not cheap.

We did not book there to save money.We booked there because it is convenient to the pier. You can walk over in about 15min. and they do also have a free shuttle. We thought it would be better to leave the car there than to deal with the crowds at the pier parking lot.

The pier parking costs $15 per day.

The Hilton USED to have a special Carnival rate but it ends in mid Jan. and I haven't seen that a new agreement has been formed.

I did not see a special cruise rate for the Queen Mary.

I don't think their basic cabins are great.

The Best Western in Long Beach will be cheaper and also has a shuttle.

Thank you everyone for your response, I will check them all out. It's funny, I live in San Diego, so I should know, but usually we drive up the same day, as checking in on the ship. This time it is a scrapbooking cruise for my best friend and I, and we thought it would be fun to go up the day before and goof around. Thanks again.

Hi! I am a local in long beach but do weekend Carnival cruises with out of town family and always take them to Hotel Maya. It just became a doubletree and yes their park and cruise package on the website is pricey, but if you ask for the carnival rate they have the same deal that the hilton used to have! (I think since they took over the hotel the manager from Hilton went there because the same girl- Courtney- told me about the rate). For $99 a night it includes shuttle over and free parking during your cruise. they are right next to Queen Mary but you feel like you are at a resort- very nice!

Archived