New Cruiser - Individual passenger charges?

Hi all, I'm going on my first cruise in a few months and have a question regarding onboard/excursion charges and payment.

My cousin and I are traveling together. The cabin reservation was made through an online TA and is in my cousin's name. We've worked out how to make payments on the cruise without any trouble.

My question is, once we start booking ship excursions and making charges for other onboard ammenities, is it possible to keep our expenses separate? Or if the reservation is in my cousin's name, do all charges have to automatically go to her credit card?

I would like to have my own onboard expense account. Would make things a lot easier. Just want to know if that can be set up once we board.

Also, if we reserve a ship's excursion through RCI's website, is the credit card charged right away?

Thanks!

Even though your cousin made the reservation, RCI (or any line) will need complete information on both of you. You will then be able to set up your own account for purchases on board.

You do not have to put all the purchases on his account simply because he made the reservation.

The way you are asking, I am curious, when he booked the cruise, he should have provided your information as well if you are going. It's not like booking a train ticket or a hotel for "plus one". They need to know who you are.

You need to contact this TA immediately. The cruise line must have your personal information for you to cruise. Sounds like your cousin may have booked as a single with a second person to be announced later. Have you given any money to the TA? If you have not, then you are NOT booked on this cruise! If you have, then there is something very wrong and again, call the TA immediately. Your name and info have to show up in order for you to be booked and deposited for this cruise.

Hi all, I'm going on my first cruise in a few months and have a question regarding onboard/excursion charges and payment.

My cousin and I are traveling together. The cabin reservation was made through an online TA and is in my cousin's name. We've worked out how to make payments on the cruise without any trouble.

My question is, once we start booking ship excursions and making charges for other onboard ammenities, is it possible to keep our expenses separate? Or if the reservation is in my cousin's name, do all charges have to automatically go to her credit card?

I would like to have my own onboard expense account. Would make things a lot easier. Just want to know if that can be set up once we board.

Also, if we reserve a ship's excursion through RCI's website, is the credit card charged right away?

Thanks!

Yes you can have seperate credit card's, you will have seperate accounts(folio numbers)even if you use 1 CC. Excursions will be billed as soon as they booked. BTW that ship is sure ugly on your clock. lol, just kidding

Archived