Emerald Deck Mini-Suites on the Crown Princess

CBCruiser1960

There's less movement than if you were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck further forward. The lower the deck, the less movement. Emerald deck is three decks above the water line so if you were to get water on your balcony, the seas would have to be well over 50' and very rough. Unlikely.

The AD mini-suites are my favorite location as they have a covered balcony, which protects you from the sun and weather, and are very private. If I get a mini-suite, I get an AD on the starboard (uneven numbered cabin) side as it's not over the sound system of the lounge below.

There's less movement than if you were in a mini-suite on Dolphin deck further forward. The lower the deck, the less movement. Emerald deck is three decks above the water line so if you were to get water on your balcony, the seas would have to be well over 50' and very rough. Unlikely.

The AD mini-suites are my favorite location as they have a covered balcony, which protects you from the sun and weather, and are very private. If I get a mini-suite, I get an AD on the starboard (uneven numbered cabin) side as it's not over the sound system of the lounge below.

That's the one we have reserved for our next cruise (E731 on the Caribbean), but I think you can still expect to feel alot more motion compared to midship. On my last cruise (the same TA you were just on, Pam), we had the last cabin on Dolphin (D732) which is only one deck above Emerald and we were rockin' and rollin' every single night! We did have rough seas nearly every night, but my experience has been that if you're way forward or way aft you are going to feel more motion than in the middle. I've had rooms in all those areas and had rough seas in each of them. BUT . . . that's not going to make me change rooms - I'm really looking forward to E731 because we loved the extra long balcony last time and this one being covered will be even better. :D

Archived