Help! First back to back question

Halya50

Hi,

Wondering if anyone can give us some advice, we are going on our first back to back cruise. Are we able to bring 4 bottles of wine for the both of us and explain we are doing a back to back?

I hope we have no issues.... Has anyone done is without any problems?

Thanks for your help

As nice as that would be, no, sorry, they won't let you take 4. Wait, let me clarify that. They may turn a blind eye and let you slip by with them, or they may not notice all 4 and let you on board with them, but they won't say "Sure, no problem, bring 4 bottles." Maybe you can get a couple more on the port day between legs.

I'm doing my 1st B2B cruise in a month, and was wondering the same thing too. Even if they say no to 4 bottles of wine, can't they just hold 2 of the bottles for you the 1st leg of trip and pick it up the last night of the cruise? The same way they do for confiscated liquor in their original bottles. By the way make sure to pick up some duty free liquor the last night of the 1st leg of your cruise to enjoy the 2nd leg of you cruise. The last night of the cruise they let you take it back to your room, so make sure not to purchase it any earlier.

Maybe you could have two bottles in your carryon and two in your checked luggage. The ones in the checked bags would be confiscated and (I believe) returned to you the last evening of your first cruise. I've been thinking about trying this on my B2B next year. The Carnival website alcohol policy says any sealed bottles will be returned at the end of your cruise.

Sailawaykaye it appears great minds think alike.:D

I thought I had read on these boards that if you are B2B, they will not return your confiscated booze until the last night of your second week. Anyone else recall reading that?

The play is to wait until it's cash and carry at the liquor store on the ship. Definitely do not tell them you are B2B.

Regarding the original question about the wine, the policy does state one bottle/person upon embarkation, and since you are not embarking the second week, they could hold you to the two bottle policy.

I thought I had read on these boards that if you are B2B, they will not return your confiscated booze until the last night of your second week. Anyone else recall reading that?

The play is to wait until it's cash and carry at the liquor store on the ship. Definitely do not tell them you are B2B.

Regarding the original question about the wine, the policy does state one bottle/person upon embarkation, and since you are not embarking the second week, they could hold you to the two bottle policy.

They returned mine.

The play is to wait until it's cash and carry at the liquor store on the ship. Definitely do not tell them you are B2B..

There is NO cash and carry onboard any ship. Stores are not opened while in port and must wait til in international waters to open.

I agree with the above poster who stated just buy 2 bottles of wine in the ships store-- and they will give it to you the last night so you will have it the second cruise.

You want to do this with any alcohol.

There is NO cash and carry onboard any ship. Stores are not opened while in port and must wait til in international waters to open.

I agree with the above poster who stated just buy 2 bottles of wine in the ships store-- and they will give it to you the last night so you will have it the second cruise.

You want to do this with any alcohol.

The last night of your first cruise you can buy any booze in the shop and they will let you take it to your cabin. This is when they are letting everyone take their boose cuz it's too late to be boxed up and sent to the rooms. Lynda

The last night of your first cruise you can buy any booze in the shop and they will let you take it to your cabin. This is when they are letting everyone take their boose cuz it's too late to be boxed up and sent to the rooms. Lynda

Waiting til the last day-- you take the chance of them being out of certain brands

we went on a b2b last october........we both brought 2 bottles of wine in our carryons.....we were stopped and asked to open our luggage........i explained that we were going on 2 cruises and had showed boarding passes for both......they called a supervisor and he said fine..........and we were okayed to take the wine with us............

cheryl

Archived