PA announcements inside cabin on Ventura

dreamweaver767

Having done 3 cruises on Ventura, just returned in Dec and every morning apart from sea days the Captain would bellow from the speaker inside the cabin to tell us we have arrived and so on, this would last for around 10 mins. Very funny and helpful but if you wanted a lie in forget it, you are now awake, I did mention this to reception but made no difference, why only this time and has anybody else had this.

Wake up for work at 06:00 at home would have been nice to have the choice on holiday?

Regards

Andy

As soon as we had docked, 08:15 every port day, I did rummage around the cabin but no way of turning off, I appreciate that for emergency

PA in the cabin but not this, usually it's announced in the corridor but he not this time, was like Hi Di Hi Wakey wakey, was not very fair.

Very interesting that this also happens on P & O - recently got on my nerves on Sea Princess, one occasion in particular they were all for encouraging us to enjoy the deck party till 2am then woke us at 7.15am to tell us it was raining in Aruba! Don't want to sleep all day, as you say, just nice to have the option!!

Never had any announcement in the cabin on any P&O cruise I have been on. If you want to hear them you have to have the TV on on a certain channel. However if there is an emergency, then you would hear it in the cabins

Brian

No announcements in our cabin. We could hear bits of it on the balcony, but couldn't tell what they were saying.

There was a thread on the Princess forum about cabin announcements. It was thought that it's down to the Captain or officer making the announcements as to which button they use: in-cabin or public areas only.

As soon as we had docked, 08:15 every port day, I did rummage around the cabin but no way of turning off, I appreciate that for emergency

PA in the cabin but not this, usually it's announced in the corridor but he not this time, was like Hi Di Hi Wakey wakey, was not very fair.

Hi Andy,

I think Brian I is right in that you only get announcements in your cabin if the TV is tuned to a certain channel. Can't remember which one!

No announcements in our cabin. We could hear bits of it on the balcony, but couldn't tell what they were saying.

There was a thread on the Princess forum about cabin announcements. It was thought that it's down to the Captain or officer making the announcements as to which button they use: in-cabin or public areas only.

This is correct. The bridge has total control over the PA system. They can isolate PA addresses to various sections of the ship. Whilst on Oceana, at 5am in the morning they accidentaly put a cabin announcment that was for the crew into the cabins.

Hi Andy,

I think Brian I is right in that you only get announcements in your cabin if the TV is tuned to a certain channel. Can't remember which one!

Did think of this but the TV was off I mean off as I unplugged it to charge my camera, had no choice in the matter it blurted out if you wanted to hear it or not, pesky captain how rude to wake us up.

You were probably unfortunate in that your cabin was located right next to a speaker in the corridor. As others have already said P&O only broadcast emergency announcements directly into your cabin.

This is also usually announced at the muster drill.

Debbie:)

I wish it was only in the corridor, believe me it was above my head.

Archived