Regatta Cruise June 3 2011

cruiserjcp

There will be a partyof 6 people going on the cruise from Venice to Rome on June 3. Any others that will also be on the ship? I have a question but don't know if anyone can answer it in this forum. The ship is going to Cinque Terre. I want to see Portofino. Does anyone know if this is doable within a reasonable amount of time? We are there from 8:00Am to 6:00PM.

There is regular train service from the CT to Santa Margherita Ligure. Portofino is a 30-minute walk or short boat or bus ride from there.

In the summer, assuming there is decent weather, there also is regular boat service from the CT towns to Portofino. If you google in the spring, you can obtain the schedule for this coming summer. There is more to see in La Spezia and the CT towns than Portofino IMO. I have had two Portofino port days in the past two years, and I personally would not make the effort to go to Portofino but rather enjoy the lovely little museum in La Spezia and the Cinque Terre towns.

Portofino is a very picturesque. It's true there's not a lot to see, but it is very enchanting indeed. We strolled through the village and then walked all the way into town, following the shoreline. It was one of our ports of call, so we had a little more time than you will.

I have been in both Portofino and Cinque Terre.also spent a lovely week on the beach in Lerici just south of La Spezia. We took a boat across the bay to Portovenere for the day. If you can see Cinque Terre and Portovenere you will have seen something quite special. These places are best seen approaching from the water! The towns are charming with lots to see. Portofino is picturesque for a Few minutes but unless you need to visit an Armani boutique,you might find there isn't much else to do. It's very tiny.

I think you'll find the raison d'être there are the spectacular luxury hotels up in the hills.

Check these out on the net. Their tourist assoc.s have great sites.

• 3 weeks later...
There will be a partyof 6 people going on the cruise from Venice to Rome on June 3. Any others that will also be on the ship? I have a question but don't know if anyone can answer it in this forum. The ship is going to Cinque Terre. I want to see Portofino. Does anyone know if this is doable within a reasonable amount of time? We are there from 8:00Am to 6:00PM.

Come and join us on the Roll Call thread for this cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1273851

Archived