Single travelers and PC dining

jwave

We have cruised with Princess before and know all about PC dining. HOWEVER, this time I will be traveling with just my child. She has informed me that she will be taking some of her meals with the kids club....color me stunned. I am great with that, but it means I will be dining solo on those nights. Does anyone have experience going to the PC dining rooms by yourself. Is it easy to be seated with others? WE have always had enough people in our group to have our own table.

Help. I am comfortable being alone, but am more uncomfortable joining a group of strangers singlely.

I have traveled solo before and when I do - I select PC dining. I just ask to be seated with a large table and have never had problems. The matride quickly learned I was solo and he always seated me very quickly while those with 4 and 6 in their party sometimes had to wait.

When you go with a large table - it is often 3 couples who don't know each other - you shouldn't have that uncomfortable feeling because the other couples don't know each other.

Coral, I can get on this too!!! I sailed on Princess 2 years ago alone (on the Golden); had PC dining (just like you) and they had no problem working me in. Just like you, I asked to be sitted at a large table. I met lots of different folks each night. Even 2 PC dining folks that I met on Cruise Critic invited me to have dinner with them one night. I'll be doing this same thing for my upcoming 4/9 10 night cruise on the Dawn (also by myself).

Archived