Getting Engaged on the Radiance and just got a SUITE deal!

soooo close. So who will be meeting up at solarium bar at 9pm on saturday for drinks? I'll have on dk blue slacks, light blue shirt n blue tie. but if too much my change abd have my brown frdora on. hope to c u folks there

Al

Congratulations, and how very wonderful for you. I am sure this is one trip she will NEVER forget nor will you. The suites are fabulous!! And the concierge lounge is fantastic- its a perk we have enjoyed many times on our cruises. We went on our honeymoon on a cruise and are planning our 25th wedding anniversary in '13. So, enjoy the ride......we can't even believe its been almost 25 years for us.

Have a wonderful time and then come back and tell us all about your wonderful adventure and how your trip went. I would love to hear about it.

Again, COngratulations!!! :D

ty all for the best wishes. I am the lucky one actually. You never kno wwhat you are missing in life or have missed until you are with the right person. :)

It is so wonderful that your 'new' lives together is starting off so special. And she IS the lucky one having someone as special and caring as you that thinks you're the lucky one.

Here's to a fantastic, memorable, happy and healthy trip. And to many, many happy and healthy years of wedded bliss.

Please come back and share after the trip.

Erika

ty Diva & Bird. Had some bad news yesterday on the job front and kind of brought me down. Need to try and recover as we cruise tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that. I agree with Vicki, put your energy to the 'now' (i.e. your special cruise) and when you get back, then you can worry about the future. And I would bet, with your positive approach and energy, all will be back on track in no time!

Erika

We'll be on the ship too - last minute - I think we got the last junior suite - hubby wanted a grand suite - we've done one before - we are also sailing the following 5 days but we did get a grand suite for that one - hope to see you in the concierge lounge on Thursday night - we are the old couple - he's a big guy with an island shirt - short gray hair and glasses - his name is Bob - our grand suite was 1052 right next door to the lounge but we got 1032 this time just down the hall -- our junior suite is 1096 for this thursday and then we move on Monday morning. We have late dinner so we will miss the festivities in the Solarium, but we'll see you Thursday around 5:30 - the passes for the lounge will be in the large book on the coffee table or by the tv:)

thanks for the encouragement. She's worried about me as I am pretty down right now. I have also seen rumors on here that there may be engine trouble and not departing until midnight, but someone checked with RCI and they show not official reports. So hopefully just rumor. We will look for you Bob & Bearnice. I plan to have my brown fedora on :)

We are Al & Nancy.

PS: shhhhhhh about my plans :)

Ok we are back and she said......YES :) It was a fantastic cruise. Somehow got lucky and she didn't know about the suite until she open the door to teh room. Of course she went nuts when she realized it wasn't a mistake and I had got it as a surprise. Then the next day before dinner I guided her down to the wall of photos where I strategically had placed a while earlier, a set of pics behind our welcome aboard photo. I had 8 x 10's of WILL smith, my g/f (YOU), MARY poppins (MARrY), and one of ME, the clues mean WILL YOU MARRY ME) , followed by a poem I had written for her. It was a great moment, she was so excited and surprised to see these picctures of us that at first she didn't realize I was proposing. She is wonderful, she got so excited just at the thought that for her birthday I printed some nice pics of us, little did she that seconds later when she read the poem, I'd be on one knee asking her to marry me and she would have a beautiful ring on her finger.

Anyway, an amazing time and met some amazing people. The ship was stunning and the service excellent. I'll get some photos up when we get them all downloaded.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes. Talk to you soon.

FM (recently engaged lol)

I add pictures through Facebook (this is the easiest for me since I share my photos with friends and family there). A quick summary - I "open" the picture, copy the link, then add the link to my Cruise Critic post under "insert image." You can also upload your photos to a photo site such as webshots and post using the same basic principle. Give it a try - we'll let you know if it doesn't work. ;) (And then, of course, we'll help you fix it!)

Yeah, they announced my facility is closing end of the year and will relocate me out of state, but that means leaving my 8 yr old daughter behind which I can't do. After working on it a couple months my boss told me he got it approved for me to work from home after the site closes. Two weeks later and two days before the cruise, they changed their minds. So full range of emotions, back to square one. Need to fond something local. We love where we are at and do not want to move away from my daughter. I have her 50% of the time ya know?

Anyway, we're planning a wedding :) and pray things work out locally.

Fm

Yeah, they announced my facility is closing end of the year and will relocate me out of state, but that means leaving my 8 yr old daughter behind which I can't do. After working on it a couple months my boss told me he got it approved for me to work from home after the site closes. Two weeks later and two days before the cruise, they changed their minds. So full range of emotions, back to square one. Need to fond something local. We love where we are at and do not want to move away from my daughter. I have her 50% of the time ya know?

Anyway, we're planning a wedding :) and pray things work out locally.

Fm

Will keep positive thoughts for you, hope it all works out.

• 9 months later...

Archived