Vitamins and Sodas

I'm cruising for the first time on Royal Caribbean at the beginning of next month. Reading these boards and cruise reviews it looks as if RC thoroughly checks your carry on luggage.

I have 7-8 vitamins that I take a day and I have one of those SMTWTFS strip things that I throw them in everyday.

Will this be OK to bring on board or do I need to bring 8 bottles of vitamins to show that they're vitamins.

The plastic thing I carry on vacation is just a helluva lot easier to carry around than 8 bottles.

I just don't know how much RC questions medicines...or are they mainly looking for alcohol and irons?

Also, what is the limit on bringing bottled soda and water on board?

They don't give a fig about any meds...vitamins or otherwise. They're mainly concerned with alcoholic beverages.

You can bring a "reasonable" amount of soda....don't know why you'd need water...the ship's is fine to drink and they have PLENTY! After all, the ice, all drinks, and food is made with the ship's water!

Don't worry about your vitamins but I would call and ask about the water directly...they've been going back and forth about that one for a while. You can also purchase a water package from them before you leave and it will be waiting in your room when you get there. :)

They don't give a fig about any meds...vitamins or otherwise. They're mainly concerned with alcoholic beverages.

You can bring a "reasonable" amount of soda....don't know why you'd need water...the ship's is fine to drink and they have PLENTY! After all, the ice, all drinks, and food is made with the ship's water!

Last 2 sailings that I have been on, RCCL did NOT let you bring aboard beverages of any sort - alcoholic or non-alcoholic.

That works for me. I've never ever had a problem with them on Carnival so I wasn't sure.

I just take a ton of vitamins to supplement the fact that I'm 25 and my kidneys and liver already suck.

My kidneys suck more than yours. :>)

My kidney doctor has taken me off of Coke, Pepsi, Dr Pepper(these contain a chemical that is hard on everybody's kidneys), and beer.

His first choice for me is crystal light lemonade(citric acid is your friend).

Root beer, sprite, rum, and bourbon are OK.

Don't worry about your vitamins but I would call and ask about the water directly...they've been going back and forth about that one for a while. You can also purchase a water package from them before you leave and it will be waiting in your room when you get there. :)

If you call they will say NO water / NO beverage of any kind. If you do try to bring it on, you may not have a problem or you may loose it.

@jackretired

They're not in bad shape, just when I was born, my liver and kidneys weren't as big as they were supposed to be and to this day they're still not full size. They work like they're supposed to, just not up to size and probably never will be.

I'm going to bring like a 6 pack of the mini bottles of CocaCola and Mt. Dew. If they take it they take it, if not, then OK. Me and my friend aren't huge soda drinkers but we'll want a change after drinking the included tea, juice and lemonade.

I'm cruising for the first time on Royal Caribbean at the beginning of next month. Reading these boards and cruise reviews it looks as if RC thoroughly checks your carry on luggage.

I have 7-8 vitamins that I take a day and I have one of those SMTWTFS strip things that I throw them in everyday.

Will this be OK to bring on board or do I need to bring 8 bottles of vitamins to show that they're vitamins.

The plastic thing I carry on vacation is just a helluva lot easier to carry around than 8 bottles.

I just don't know how much RC questions medicines...or are they mainly looking for alcohol and irons?

Also, what is the limit on bringing bottled soda and water on board?

My hubby has never had a problem using those daily vitamin holders & we've been on at least 3 cruises where he's brought them. Dont worry about that.

As far as the luggage screening goes, it's hit or miss. We had friends that successfully used Rum Runner flasks on their last cruise, and another couple brought a bottle of champagne in their suitcase & it wasn't detected. Other friends got busted for a small bottle of some other alcohol...you never know.

Archived