TravelInsured.com claim filing help?

GreySkies

My mother purchased travel insurance through Travel Insured for both of us. I had an issue that required medical treatment on the ship. I have a note from the doctor to my own doctor explaining what the problem was. Will this suffice in place of the doctor on the ship filling out the paperwork?

If not, I'm going to see a nurse tomorrow as a follow-up for the problem. Should I have her fill out the paperwork under "physician"?

Any help would be appreciated.

My mother purchased travel insurance through Travel Insured for both of us. I had an issue that required medical treatment on the ship. I have a note from the doctor to my own doctor explaining what the problem was. Will this suffice in place of the doctor on the ship filling out the paperwork?

If not, I'm going to see a nurse tomorrow as a follow-up for the problem. Should I have her fill out the paperwork under "physician"?

Any help would be appreciated.

They will really only go by whatever you have from the ship's doctor. But it wouldn't hurt to include more information from the nurse.When in doubt, hen it comes to info more is better.

I would think the note from the ship's doctor would be sufficient documentation. The ship's doctor is obviously hard to reach, and incapable of filling out the actual insurance form.

Your policy should detail the required documentation.

Your claim will be for reimbursement of the charges incurred for medical assistance you received on-board the ship. In my opinion, if you do not have proof of what you were charged, your claim will likely be denied. Perhaps you have such proof, but I did not infer that from your post. If you do not have that proof, you may want to contact the cruiseline and request a copy of the paperwork that the ship's doctor submitted to the ship's accounting/finance department.

I was ill on a cruise and had to see the ship's physician. I politely, but firmly requested a copy of the billing information that the infirmary submitted. They gave it to me and I submitted it (after making a copy for my records) to Travel Insured and was reimbursed in full without any hassle.

I hope that you have a similar result.

Archived