Back to Back cruise. Wine/ Champagne carry on Question.

jrmende63

Hi I am curious if I can take my wine/ Champagne for both cruises (same ship). We are boarding the Carnival Destiny on 3/31/11. We sail on the next sailing of 4/4/11, which happens to be our 30th wedding anniversary. I am curious if anyone who has done a B2B on the same ship carried on their 1 bottle per person for EACH ship? I want to carry on Champagne for our anniversary and also wine for the cruise before. Anyone with experience with this issue?

This same question was asked the other day. If you read the cruise contract, it says you may bring one bottle per person upon embarkation which would mean that you could only bring two bottles on the first leg since you are not embarking on the second leg.

Others advised to just try doing it and see if you get away with it, and if you get caught, tell them your circumstances and see what happens.

But technically, the answer is no.

This same question was asked the other day. If you read the cruise contract, it says you may bring one bottle per person upon embarkation which would mean that you could only bring two bottles on the first leg since you are not embarking on the second leg.

Others advised to just try doing it and see if you get away with it, and if you get caught, tell them your circumstances and see what happens.

But technically, the answer is no.

Well that shows how well the search engine was working last night. I tried to do a search for the info as I am surely not the only curious person!:o

I have read the contract, but it is for the one voyage not 2 or more, so I just wondered if someone had any experience with this situation.

Thank You for your quick answer though:)

When we did the B2B we just went to a store and picked up a couple more bottles when we hit port on the end of the first leg and carried them back on for the second leg

Thanks Chris41:)

I had thought about that but decided that I did not want to get out in the traffic. And since I have never been to POM, I had no idea what was near the port if anything. I have only did a B2B on two different ships...so I did not know what the policy was on getting your Sail/ sign cards and then leaving the ship.

I am just going to check into a bottle or two from bon voyage dept...I think it will be less headaches!

POM has a lot available within a 5 minute taxi ride. Trust me...traffic will not be that much of a hassle.

If you don't want to mess with the hassle still, put one bottle in checked baggage, and carry-on your other two. Or better yet, bring one bottle of wine and one bottle of champagne and only drink the wine on your first leg. Incidentally, if you have liqour delivered from your previous port days to your cabin for debarkation, you can have a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne included in that, and just tote it back on-board for embarkation of your second leg. :D

Hi I am curious if I can take my wine/ Champagne for both cruises (same ship). We are boarding the Carnival Destiny on 3/31/11. We sail on the next sailing of 4/4/11, which happens to be our 30th wedding anniversary. I am curious if anyone who has done a B2B on the same ship carried on their 1 bottle per person for EACH ship? I want to carry on Champagne for our anniversary and also wine for the cruise before. Anyone with experience with this issue?

Easy-peasy arrangement for your B2B onboard Carnival Destiny. I did the exact same thing this past September, and this is how it worked out:

I had two bottles of wine in my carry-on that I put through the x-ray, and I had the documention for both sailings in my hand. I knew one of two thing would happen. Either they would see that I qualified for one bottle on each of the sailings, for a total of two, and say "OK, go ahead", or they would decide I could only 'officially' take one onboard with me, and the other one would have to be taken by security for delivery to me on the final evening of the first leg. Either decision would be fine with me.

The very nice female security agent was so apologetic when advising she'd need to have the bottle held at onboard Guest Relations until the second sailing, and I said that was no problem whatsoever. She filled out the paper work, bid me a wonderful cruise, and I headed onto the ship. That first evening GR sent the bottle to my room since their records showed I was doing the B2B.

1012842620_9oesb-L.jpg

POM has a lot available within a 5 minute taxi ride. Trust me...traffic will not be that much of a hassle.

If you don't want to mess with the hassle still, put one bottle in checked baggage, and carry-on your other two. Or better yet, bring one bottle of wine and one bottle of champagne and only drink the wine on your first leg. Incidentally, if you have liqour delivered from your previous port days to your cabin for debarkation, you can have a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne included in that, and just tote it back on-board for embarkation of your second leg. :D

I think DPG has the right idea. .. how is it going to work to just smuggle the wine onboard?? since wine has to be carried on .. just carry it on.

Okay, I'm doing B2B too. thx for asking the question and I also saw it on the CCL forums. My question is, if I buy liquor from the duty free store on the ship, will I get at the end of my 1st leg? I'ld like to have it for the 2nd leg. :confused:

Easy-peasy arrangement for your B2B onboard Carnival Destiny. I did the exact same thing this past September, and this is how it worked out:

I had two bottles of wine in my carry-on that I put through the x-ray, and I had the documention for both sailings in my hand. I knew one of two thing would happen. Either they would see that I qualified for one bottle on each of the sailings, for a total of two, and say "OK, go ahead", or they would decide I could only 'officially' take one onboard with me, and the other one would have to be taken by security for delivery to me on the final evening of the first leg. Either decision would be fine with me.

The very nice female security agent was so apologetic when advising she'd need to have the bottle held at onboard Guest Relations until the second sailing, and I said that was no problem whatsoever. She filled out the paper work, bid me a wonderful cruise, and I headed onto the ship. That first evening GR sent the bottle to my room since their records showed I was doing the B2B.

1012842620_9oesb-L.jpg

We just did b2b on the Freedom. They picked up on the four bottles of wine in the x-ray. The had us open the carry on bags. DW just showed them the b2b papers and they waved us on the ship. NO problem.:)

YAY...Thanks so much! You guys have made my day! I had thought about bringing both Funpasses to show that we were doing B2B, but I did not want my champagne to get thrown away. I see now that it won't! YAY.

Okay, I'm doing B2B too. thx for asking the question and I also saw it on the CCL forums. My question is, if I buy liquor from the duty free store on the ship, will I get at the end of my 1st leg? I'ld like to have it for the 2nd leg. :confused:

I would not count on it being delivered to the cabin if the ships store is aware that you are on a B2B. I have read that some folks got their purchase delivered and some did not.

I must say I did not think of buying a bottle from a port...that is an idea. We could never have the bottle of Champagne or wine in our checked luggage as that is illegal per Carnival's rules.

Thanks for the idea...one of our stops is Key West...I can get a bottle of champagne there!

My nephew and his girlfriend were with us on the second leg. All four of us purchased from the onboard liquor store the day b4 the cruise ended and the goods were delivered to our cabin the same night. :D:D Now me and dw purchased on the first leg and it was delivered on the last night ready for the second leg consuption. We also bought in Jamaica (rum) and it was delivered to the ship also brought to cabin on the last night. Do not forsee any problems.

My nephew and his girlfriend were with us on the second leg. All four of us purchased from the onboard liquor store the day b4 the cruise ended and the goods were delivered to our cabin the same night. :D:D Now me and dw purchased on the first leg and it was delivered on the last night ready for the second leg consuption. We also bought in Jamaica (rum) and it was delivered to the ship also brought to cabin on the last night. Do not forsee any problems.

Did the store know you were on a B2B? I would love to have some delivered before the next one begins.

Archived