Insurance

LS78

Hey guys,

We are off on out first ever cruise in Feb and was just wondering if anyone had recommendations on insurance companies?

I checked out the insurance forum but seems very US based and not much on UK (Ive also asked on the P&O forum). I got a quote on the P&O company from the cruise personaliser but it was £220!!! Ive also gone onto Compare the Market and Holiday Extras do one for £28 which give £3k cancellation, £1500 baggage and looks pretty good. Most others are around the £68 mark.

Some guys on the P&O said shop about and cheapest isnt always best but Ive looked at reviews and all insurance companies get bad ones :D

Anyway any advice would be appreciated (PS we are both early 30's with no medical conditions)

Cheers all

Hey guys,

We are off on out first ever cruise in Feb and was just wondering if anyone had recommendations on insurance companies?

I checked out the insurance forum but seems very US based and not much on UK (Ive also asked on the P&O forum). I got a quote on the P&O company from the cruise personaliser but it was £220!!! Ive also gone onto Compare the Market and Holiday Extras do one for £28 which give £3k cancellation, £1500 baggage and looks pretty good. Most others are around the £68 mark.

Some guys on the P&O said shop about and cheapest isnt always best but Ive looked at reviews and all insurance companies get bad ones :D

Anyway any advice would be appreciated (PS we are both early 30's with no medical conditions)

Cheers all

Some of the cheapest may exclude cruising.

P&O use or did place the business with Fortis. No doubt it will be cheaper going direct on line

Cb

Thanks guys will check those 2 companies out.

It definitely is for cruises though as on compare the market I ticked the cruise box :-)

Im hoping I wont need it but with all this snow Im not taking any chances

Try direct travel insurance, we have used them for years and are very competitive, if you're going to the caribbean you'll need the worldwide policy. They are underwritten by AXA. You can get an online quote

Im hoping I wont need it but with all this snow Im not taking any chances

Don't assume that travel insurance will cover for inability to travel due to adverse weather conditions. Some do if you were intending to use public transport, most don't if you were driving to the port/airport. And many don't if your flight is cancelled/delayed.

Mary

Don't assume that travel insurance will cover for inability to travel due to adverse weather conditions. Some do if you were intending to use public transport, most don't if you were driving to the port/airport. And many don't if your flight is cancelled/delayed.

Mary

That was actually one of the good things about Holiday Extras as it did say it covered weather - seems too good to be true though

Archived