best way to pack polo shirts

shelbird

Hi all, I've been reading all the great tips and am getting ready for "the pack!" What is the best way to pack my DH's polos for the least amount of wrinkling. With 2 suitcases I plan on doing some rolling and some bundle wrapping in each. I am also the owner of about a million dry cleaning bags. Thanks in advance.

In preparing for our first cruise, I carefully folded and packed each piece of clothing with dry cleaning bags/tissue paper. No wrinkles! I've been less careful with the next two cruises. A few wrinkles but not bad. Nothing I needed an iron for. I just fold them the way they're displayed in stores.

I think tissue paper works better than the bags but that's JMHO. :)

i think dry-cleaner bags really cuts down on the wrinkles...last cruise at the end we were just stuffin things into the suitcases but all evening clothes had the bags over them-we were gone for over 2 weeks so we had alot of clothes and i was so surprised i have perfectly packed and gotten some wrinkles but this time less time to do anything perfectly and hardly any wrinkles...not any to worry about!

I don't know how it's done in the US, but I don't put my (polo)shirts in the dryer, they get dried on a line. Then they are ironed and then folded. Then, the piles of folded shirts go in the suitcase. I have never used dry-clean bags or paper or so.

I never noticed that many wrinkles.

I use packing folders: http://www.coloradobaggage.com/cbc/product.asp?s_id=0&prod_name=Eagle+Creek+Pack%2DIt%26reg%3B+Folder+18&pf_id=PAOHADNNOGMMFAIA&dept_id=3074

I bundle pack within the folder, also using plastic dry cleaner bags if necessary. For the interior bundle, I roll a few pair of my husbands underwear. I can fit about 7 shirts and 4-6 pair underwear into a folder, more than enough for the week. I do the same with shorts in another folder.

I can't answer about rolling shirts but my husband is a Tommy Bahama freak. He has a 'chinese folding board' like the stores use and he uses that for his silk shirts and very rarely wrinkled.

This sounds interesting. What is it and how does it work?:confused:

It's a mindless little board. Have you ever watched the show on TV Big Bang? The anal retentive Sheldon uses it to fold his clothes. It's a plastic board with folding parts. You lay the shirt all wrinkle free on it and then fold over one side, then fold over the other side, then fold the bottom up and you have a perfectly folded square shirt.

It's a mindless little board. Have you ever watched the show on TV Big Bang? The anal retentive Sheldon uses it to fold his clothes. It's a plastic board with folding parts. You lay the shirt all wrinkle free on it and then fold over one side, then fold over the other side, then fold the bottom up and you have a perfectly folded square shirt.

Thanks. Maybe I can find a you tube video.

Speaking for myself, I put polo shirts into the washer and dryer. If you hang them up right away, there's no need for ironing.

I don't want most of my clothes in the dryer, because often it makes them shrink or just damages it. Line-drying and ironing it is :)

ETA: I must admit though that I have never seen a washer from close by. I have outsourced my washing, drying and ironing. :)

Archived