Any experience of the kids club on P&O please?

Jo and Rob

The children have experienced kids clubs on Costa and Royal Caribbean and we are now looking at the Oceana on P&O. Please could you let me know the opening hours, the types of activities on offer, the age groups (our children are 6 and 8)

many thanks

Hi we were on oceana in october our 8yr old daughter had the time of hel life and we struggled to get her out once in,they open at 10am and closes at 10pm for that age group,they have so many activities ie swimming comps discos fancy dress etc too many to mention,i can guarantee they will have the time of their lives onboard oceana,the team leader kev is a great guy as are all the other staff our only problem now is our daughter doesnt want to go on any other ship except oceana,any further info needed just ask:)

The children have experienced kids clubs on Costa and Royal Caribbean and we are now looking at the Oceana on P&O. Please could you let me know the opening hours, the types of activities on offer, the age groups (our children are 6 and 8)

many thanks

Hi - we've not actually used the kids club on Oceana, but we have used them on Ventura and all I can say is they are brillient. The staff are amazing and I felt 100% happy leaving my dd there. On Ventura the club opened at 9am and was open all day till midnight. When we arrived in our cabin we found a programme of events for the entire holiday. There are all sorts of activities - arts and crafts, cooking, computer games, fancy dress, talent shows, treasure hunts, sports days to name but a few. The staff were allways friendly , happy and very motivated.

Have you looked at the P and O site - if you go to the cyber reef there is a sample list of daily activities to give you a better idea.

One interesting point is that all P and O staff working in the kids clubs must be qualified in childcare. Which I understand is not the case on all cruise lines!!!!!!!

Anyway all I can say is that from my own point of view I couldn't be happier with the kids clubs and it is one of the main reasons i choose P and O!!!!

Hope this helps

Sue

many thanks

Hi Jo and Rob

I'm sure you'll find the children's clubs on P&O superior to those of RCI. For a start there's none of the open for 2 hours closed for 2 hours nonsense, which makes for a much more relaxed family holiday.

The youthies are brilliant with the children and have childcare qualifications commensurate with the age group they look after.

The types of activities the children get involved in range from art/craft, parties, movies, games, outside play, club swim (generally for the older ones), fancy dress competition, etc.

We've cruised on all of P&O's family friendly ships since our daughter was 2 (she's now 11) and she's had a blast on every single one!

Debbie:)

We are on Azura on a 2 week caribbean cruise on 5th feb and we have a son aged 10 and twin daughters aged 7.

We have done 2 RCI cruises in the past and I have been constantly bombarded with questions about what the kids club will be like compared to that of RCI. I phoned P&O and found out there are only 27 kids on board we've never cruised with that few before but I think it will give the kids more chance to come out of their shell than if there are too many kids on board.

It's nice to hear you get a programme at the beginning for the whole cruise as there are certain things the kids will want to do so hopefully we can plan around that.

P&O have recently changed their Q&A section and there is lots of info on there about the kids clubs and sample programmes from Ventura last summer.

Sounds as though as with our other 2 cruises we will see very little of our kids when we are on the ship!

Hi we were on oceana in october our 8yr old daughter had the time of hel life and we struggled to get her out once in,they open at 10am and closes at 10pm for that age group,they have so many activities ie swimming comps discos fancy dress etc too many to mention,i can guarantee they will have the time of their lives onboard oceana,the team leader kev is a great guy as are all the other staff our only problem now is our daughter doesnt want to go on any other ship except oceana,any further info needed just ask:)

Swimming in October! Am I right in thinking there are no indoor pools? We are looking at France and Spain in April so there may not be any swimming.

Swimming in October! Am I right in thinking there are no indoor pools? We are looking at France and Spain in April so there may not be any swimming.

It looks like you're considering the same one we are booked on (9th April?). It does seem to be a good price for Easter holidays. Having been on Ventura and Azura I have to say the kids clubs on P&O are brilliant - In comparison couldn't get my 4 year old to go to the club on RCI once they told him he had to join in all the set activities and that I couldn't stay to settle him in. He might be better now he is at school and used to more structure.

The age group on P&O is 5-8s so your two would be in the same room. They are open from 9am until at least 10.30pm (sometimes later in peak holiday cruises). Activities are much less rigid than RCI and kids can join in set activities or play with toys/computers etc. as suits them. The youth crew are very professional and caring. The activities are really varied from sports, crafts, music etc etc. From 8.30pm ish they tend to watch movies and chill out.

many thanks

See typical progammes below

5-8 year olds

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/Jumping_jacks

9-12 year olds

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/The_den

Brian

It looks like you're considering the same one we are booked on (9th April?). It does seem to be a good price for Easter holidays.

Yes, and we have booked! We got the last outside cabin for four, phew! We are really looking forward to trying out P&O. I'm off to check out our roll call.

Yes, and we have booked! We got the last outside cabin for four, phew! We are really looking forward to trying out P&O. I'm off to check out our roll call.

I haven't found much of a roll call for this cruise on any of the sites. I think a lot of people with children booked the following Oceana cruise because it had free kids places and school holidays fall later in some places.

We're looking forward to it too. I am expecting it to a bit different (smaller/older) than the other P&O ships we have been on (Azura and Ventura) and to the RCI Voyager class ships we have tried. DH is worried he won't like a small ship so much. However, I am less bothered as it is a week of someone else doing the cooking and cleaning so that suits me! I also know my son loves the clubs on P&O. He is a bit nervous because he has to go in the 5-8s club this time, but I am sure he will be fine.

I haven't found much of a roll call for this cruise on any of the sites. I think a lot of people with children booked the following Oceana cruise because it had free kids places and school holidays fall later in some places.

We're looking forward to it too. I am expecting it to a bit different (smaller/older) than the other P&O ships we have been on (Azura and Ventura) and to the RCI Voyager class ships we have tried. DH is worried he won't like a small ship so much. However, I am less bothered as it is a week of someone else doing the cooking and cleaning so that suits me! I also know my son loves the clubs on P&O. He is a bit nervous because he has to go in the 5-8s club this time, but I am sure he will be fine.

I've started up a roll call for our cruise. Oliver is 8 and Emily is 6 so they will both be in the 5-8 group with your son. What is his name? He doesn't need to be nervous now he knows to little friends already!

Funny my DH is also concerned about it being a smaller ship! I too am happy to get away and enjoy everything that goes with a cruise. It isn't that small either, and is a previous Princess ship. My sister went on her sister ship the Sea Princess and loved it so I'm sure we will be fine!

Archived