Bahamas Jeep Adventure

albycruisin

I have been looking at excursions in Freeport and am interested in the Bahamas Jeep Adventure...does anyone know if this is something that I could book myself for a lower price than going through Carnival? I know that I could do an internet search but would not know which companies and/or websites are trustworthy. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

We did the excursion in 2009 but we booked it directly through NCL. We had a fantastic time and would highly recommend it to anyone. I would be a little hesitant personally to book the excursion directly. GBI is a pretty large island and you get pretty far away from the port. I would be afraid my jeep would break down.

The trip took us to Taino beach, a trip through the pine forest, the canal system, history of the island and then to a garden that seemed like the garden of eden for lunch. It was spectacular with the hiking trails, pond and even an old church at the top of a hill. I can't remember the name of the place but is was great. My wife didn't want to leave. Our tour guide was also outstanding.

I would highly recommend the trip, but would probably book it through Carnival.

When we were in Nassau and in Cozumel we went to the visitor center on the pier and asked for the closest rental car company and rented directly with them. In both locations the rental company was within a block of the pier. We rented the Jeep for the entire day for $99 in both locations. There were 4 of us and we cruised around the island on our own and had a great time.

Did the rental come with a map of places to see? This is our first time in either port and I'd sure hate to venture somewhere unsafe. The appeal of the Jeep Adventure tour to me is that it is led by a guide of sorts and you travel as a group.

Did the rental come with a map of places to see? This is our first time in either port and I'd sure hate to venture somewhere unsafe. The appeal of the Jeep Adventure tour to me is that it is led by a guide of sorts and you travel as a group.

Both Nassau and Cozumel gave us a map and verbal information on where to stay away from. I think that I would be more cautious with doing this in Cozumel now just because of all the issues in Mexico. We drove to a couple of different beaches and were able to rent jet skis/snorkeling equipment and have plenty of time to tour the island. With that being said, you are going to Freeport so it might not even apply to your trip. I have only been to Freeport once and that was in 1997 on my first cruise. We just strolled around a bit and went to a small outdoor straw market place. At any rate, I am sure if you do decide to do a rental that the company will provide you with a map and some advice on where you should not go. We had quite the adventure and have very fond memories of both of those locations where we rented our own vehicle.

I should also add that we are going to Alaska in June and we are doing a guided Jeep tour through the Yukon. We (like you) find the appeal of being guided there as to not get lost. Plus they provide a radio system that gives you information along the route.

When we were in Nassau and in Cozumel we went to the visitor center on the pier and asked for the closest rental car company and rented directly with them. In both locations the rental company was within a block of the pier. We rented the Jeep for the entire day for $99 in both locations. There were 4 of us and we cruised around the island on our own and had a great time.

I would caution doing this in Nassau without a guide. Crime is at an all time high and there are just too many areas that you should NOT be accessing.

I live in nassau.. and don't go far outside my neighborhood anymore.

• 1 month later...
I see through a website Bestonbahamas dot com they offer the same jeep tour in Nassau as the crusieline but it looks to be $30 cheaper. Do you know anything about this company and whether or not it's a good idea to book through them?

I am looking to do the same Jeep tour. If you click on the "Restrictions" tab (after you clicked "View Full Details" -- it explicity states you MUST book through your cruise line. :( ) I wanted to save the $30/pp as well. Looks like Carnival is going to get the money instead.

• 3 weeks later...
I am looking to do the same Jeep tour. If you click on the "Restrictions" tab (after you clicked "View Full Details" -- it explicity states you MUST book through your cruise line. :( ) I wanted to save the $30/pp as well. Looks like Carnival is going to get the money instead.

I didn't see that. Has anyone else done this tour?

I didn't see this. Has anyone done this excursion? Any problems with this tour co or safety issues?

Did they just combine with the cruise ship tours or separate?

Archived