Any rumors about a Freedom Class ship being moved?

gupsmom

I know this would be just arumor...but I was curious. With 2 Oasis Class ships and 3 Freedom Class ships, has there been any buzz about a ship being moved from Florida? I know one of the Freedom Class ships does the Med for part of the year. I cannot help but wonder if there might be a more permanent change in home-port for one of these ships at some point. I know, way back, I heard some speculation about a Freedom Class ship maybe taking over for Explorer of the Seas..

Jess

I know, way back, I heard some speculation about a Freedom Class ship maybe taking over for Explorer of the Seas..

Jess

That is what the story is, however nothing "official" (and by official I mean posted by RCI themselves) has been declared. There has been a ton of chatter though regarding the Liberty or Freedom replacing the Explorer out of New Jersey sometime in 2012.

Remember that Freedom has a Flow Rider and is best for warmer weather itineraries such as the Caribbean. I (personally) can't see her moving as far north as Bayonne.

For almost half of the year, that would not be a big problem. Even the rest of the year, the ship would be heading somewhere warm...so only the first 1 or 2 days would be colder. It could switch out with an Explorer-type ship if RCI felt it was a problem. Also, 4 other ships with Flowriders would still be elsewhere...not like it would be the only choice for someone booking exclusively for water activities.

Jess

I know this would be just arumor...but I was curious. With 2 Oasis Class ships and 3 Freedom Class ships, has there been any buzz about a ship being moved from Florida? I know one of the Freedom Class ships does the Med for part of the year. I cannot help but wonder if there might be a more permanent change in home-port for one of these ships at some point. I know, way back, I heard some speculation about a Freedom Class ship maybe taking over for Explorer of the Seas..

Jess

Right now there is the Oasis and the Allure year round in Ft Lauderdale. The Freedom is year round in Port Canaveral. The Independence is year round in Southampton. Right now the Liberty is in Miami, but in April will be repositioning to Barcelona. When her European season is over she will be moving to Ft. Lauderdale where she will be doing 4 and 5 day cruises.

Why do you want to hear rumors :confused:? Wait and find out or do a search

and find one of the very numerous threads asking the same thing.

And what does three Freedom class ships have to do with anything? Indy is already in Europe year round and Liberty is following in a couple months.

Why do you want to hear rumors :confused:? Wait and find out or do a search

and find one of the very numerous threads asking the same thing.

And what does three Freedom class ships have to do with anything? Indy is already in Europe year round and Liberty is following in a couple months.

Geez sorry if I wasted your time?!

Jess

Archived