Chef's Table! Wow!

GeezLouise1

Many thanks to you all here, for the advice to book the Chef's Table upon arrival at the ship. We were thrilled to be included on the limited guest list on our recent trip on the Golden ( just home yesterday). We were thoroughly spoiled, the evening was amazing, the food and service was spectacular. The entire trip was very good but memories from the Chef's Table will stay with us for a very long time! :D If you love great dining and enjoy very nice wines, try it! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did!

Hi There

nice to hear that you had a good time,

Golden was very Princess ship I ever saw and then cruised on

Chefs Table is a great idea,

just wish Princess would come up with some thing else

but do not know what.

yours Shogun

Many thanks to you all here, for the advice to book the Chef's Table upon arrival at the ship. We were thrilled to be included on the limited guest list on our recent trip on the Golden ( just home yesterday). We were thoroughly spoiled, the evening was amazing, the food and service was spectacular. The entire trip was very good but memories from the Chef's Table will stay with us for a very long time! :D If you love great dining and enjoy very nice wines, try it! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we did!

As a Princess "newbie" could you elaborate on the experience?........ and how and where do you organise it? and an idea of costs........thanks in anticipation :)

Alan

As a Princess "newbie" could you elaborate on the experience?........ and how and where do you organise it? and an idea of costs........thanks in anticipation :)

Alan

We booked the dinner by calling the DINE line as soon as we got on board. Our names were taken, we were told that we were on the list and would hear back with the specifics. An invitation and a few instructions appeared in our mailbox a few days later. The charge is $75. per person and honestly, it is money really well spent! We met in the designated area, were issued lab coats and marched through the dining room to the kitchen. Once in the galley, we were introduced to the MaitreD, Executive Chef, Sommelier, Food and Beverage Manager and a plethora of wine stewards bearing champagne ( Heideseck). We enjoyed a brief question and answer period with the chefs etc. and were served a variety of small hors doeuvres. We then returned to a table for 10 in the dining room. Here we were served a delicious Wild Mushroom Risotto. This was followed by a sorbet palate cleanser, but this was presented in spun sugar nests and drizzled with Vodka. The entree arrived at a service table and after a display of flambee, was served ( much to the envy of surrounding tables, I'm sure!). It included 2 rack of lamb ribs, a filet served with demi glace and the show piece was a huge lobster tail stuffed with a spectacular thermidor. These were accompanied by potatoes and asparagus. There may have been a few green beans lurking also, but after champagne, chardonnay and a lovely cabernet sauvignon, I don't recall:o. A small cheese plate arrived, drizzled with balsamic. Dessert of a chocolate mousse arrived, served in a free form sugar plate. This was served with a generous portion of dessert wine. A few hand made chocolates and tiny madeleines topped off the meal for the strong of heart. Most of us had to pass on these little morsels. A group photo was taken, printed and distributed along with a copy ( autographed) of the Princess Cook Book. And a long stemmed red rose for the ladies. Don't know what else I can say - it was a very memorable meal and absolutely beautifully prepared and presented. Enjoy! PS If you google Chef's Table on YouTube, I'm sure you'll find a clip of one or two of these dinners ( the menu does change).

Am so glad you had a great time....What time did the extravaganza begin?

We enjoyed ours on the Crown in December but I must admit that yours sounds so much better. We only had the Head Chef and the Maitre d' to welcome us.

Our main meal was tenderloin prepared at teh table by the chef and lamb shanks . When our meals were in front of us they then brought a lobster tail as if they had forgotten it.

It was still worthwhile though

We booked the dinner by calling the DINE line as soon as we got on board. Our names were taken, we were told that we were on the list and would hear back with the specifics. An invitation and a few instructions appeared in our mailbox a few days later. The charge is $75. per person and honestly, it is money really well spent! We met in the designated area, were issued lab coats and marched through the dining room to the kitchen. Once in the galley, we were introduced to the MaitreD, Executive Chef, Sommelier, Food and Beverage Manager and a plethora of wine stewards bearing champagne ( Heideseck). We enjoyed a brief question and answer period with the chefs etc. and were served a variety of small hors doeuvres. We then returned to a table for 10 in the dining room. Here we were served a delicious Wild Mushroom Risotto. This was followed by a sorbet palate cleanser, but this was presented in spun sugar nests and drizzled with Vodka. The entree arrived at a service table and after a display of flambee, was served ( much to the envy of surrounding tables, I'm sure!). It included 2 rack of lamb ribs, a filet served with demi glace and the show piece was a huge lobster tail stuffed with a spectacular thermidor. These were accompanied by potatoes and asparagus. There may have been a few green beans lurking also, but after champagne, chardonnay and a lovely cabernet sauvignon, I don't recall:o. A small cheese plate arrived, drizzled with balsamic. Dessert of a chocolate mousse arrived, served in a free form sugar plate. This was served with a generous portion of dessert wine. A few hand made chocolates and tiny madeleines topped off the meal for the strong of heart. Most of us had to pass on these little morsels. A group photo was taken, printed and distributed along with a copy ( autographed) of the Princess Cook Book. And a long stemmed red rose for the ladies. Don't know what else I can say - it was a very memorable meal and absolutely beautifully prepared and presented. Enjoy! PS If you google Chef's Table on YouTube, I'm sure you'll find a clip of one or two of these dinners ( the menu does change).

Here is the video from our first Chef's Table.

We enjoyed ours on the Crown in December but I must admit that yours sounds so much better. We only had the Head Chef and the Maitre d' to welcome us.

Our main meal was tenderloin prepared at teh table by the chef and lamb shanks . When our meals were in front of us they then brought a lobster tail as if they had forgotten it.

It was still worthwhile though

The Executive Chef Jeremy Snowden was just leaving the ship for vacation. His replacement Chef Luc had already arrived so he jumped into the melee. He explained the menu to me in French. Sigh. Delicious, any language you wish to speak! I suspect that the lobster was brought in separately because the preparation didn't need to be completed at the table. Or else it might have been cold. Our lobster tails arrived on the plate, the balance of the dinner was quickly served from the flambe table.

We were newbies on the Crown in December and made it on, thank goodness! What time are you signing up, I wonder? Maybe it's just a matter of timing? I agree that maybe they should not allow the same people to be able to do it multiple times, if there are others waiting. One couple at our table had done it 5 times!! (...although oddly enough, our table was not full, only 8, as one couple cancelled.)

Archived