We board the CB tomorrow....and we will :

1. Drop off carry on stuff

2. Put valuables in the safe

3. Hug each other

4. Check out the balcony

5. Head out to Deck 15 for our first drink

6. Have a slice of the amazing pizza

7. Have another drink

8. Maybe head to the MDR to look for our waiter from last year???

And pinch myself...because the wait has been forever and we are finally here!!!! No more snow!!!!!

I'm a "nest builder", so I like to unpack, organize our belongings, call room service for our bar set up, and meet "Stewart";) . From there, we go exploring and wait for sail away.

This time we'll have friends that we've met from our roll call that I hope we'll meet up with for a Bon Voyage Cocktail! :D

one of use calls the dine line for specialty restaurant reservations. If our suitcase have arrived we unpack. I usually run to the laundry and iron quick, so that everything is freshly pressed coming out of the suitcases. This way I never have to iron the rest of the cruise. We unpack our carry on and chill our carry on wine.

Then it's time to head up on deck for our first slice of pizza and hamburger and our first vacation drink, and a toast to ourselves.

if room ready I go to room check it out and then put wallet,phone and passports in safe set it.Then I feel like I am starting my vacation.

and spend the next two days wondering why my backpocket is empty.

one of use calls the dine line for specialty restaurant reservations. If our suitcase have arrived we unpack. I usually run to the laundry and iron quick, so that everything is freshly pressed coming out of the suitcases. This way I never have to iron the rest of the cruise. We unpack our carry on and chill our carry on wine.

Then it's time to head up on deck for our first slice of pizza and hamburger and our first vacation drink, and a toast to ourselves.

So, I'm not the only one who has to press clothes on vacation?:D

My husband doesn't understand why I iron before backing and then press

everything off again after unpacking!

The first thing on our list is to check and see when the library is open. If it is we go there to beat the book hogs (those who check out a huge stack of books that they will probably never read). If the library is not open we will unpack and settle in then head to trough, er, dining room, because usually we forgo eating lunch before we board. We try to get on as early as possible.

So, I'm not the only one who has to press clothes on vacation?:D

My husband doesn't understand why I iron before backing and then press

everything off again after unpacking!

We try to take wash and wear things that dry quickly. There are ways of packing that almost eliminate wrinkles - it is called bundling.

1. Put passports and wallet in safe and lock them up.
  2. Call the reservation line for specialty dining reservations and Chef's Table.
  3. Call room service and request a tray of wine glasses.
  4. Check out the view from the balcony.
  5. Unpack carry-on. Put white wine bottles in fridge and set Merlot and Shiraz bottles below the TV. Get cork screw ready.
  6. Go to open dining room and have lunch.
  7. Unpack bags when they arrive.
  8. Relax on balcony with a glass of wine and watch the swarm of people getting on-board.
  9. Attend Muster Drill.
  10. Go on-deck and enjoy the view during sail-away. If raining, stay on our balcony under the overhang (love those Caribe deck balconies).
  11. And last of all, let it sink in that we're on-board and that vacation has started! Relax for the next few couple of weeks!

Archived