Leaving NY, which side is the Statue of Liberty

marelind

We will be sailing out of New York on the Jewel, and I very much want to see the Statue of Liberty as we sail out of NY. Is this possible and which side will it be on? Thanks!

Absolutely, it is one of the best things about sailing out of NY. She will be on the starboard or right side of the ship. Enjoy!!!

Thank you, thank you! I thought that I remembered that from previous threads, however I could not confirm on a search. Today we booked the starboard side for that reason and then I thought I better confirm it.

Thanks also for the pictures. I can't wait!

Starboard!! The absolute best views of Lady Liberty! I really liked sailing out of NYC! Don't forget about the Veranzanno Bridge! That was pretty amazing, too!

Renee, how are you? I'm still bummed you won't be with us in May. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Mary

that was AWESOME leaving NYC and seeing the Statue of Liberty sailing on the Spirit in Sept 2008 and as we passed by over the PA was Lee ********* singing...very touching and moving and there were alot of tears being shed...i get 'choked up' just remembering...hope to go back one day!!!

It is indeed beautiful seeing the Statue of Liberty when sailing in or out of NY harbor. But don't forget the other side -- the views of Manhattan are simply spectacular. I think the best place to be for sailaway is up on a high deck where you can go back and forth and see both sides.

We loved cruising down the Hudson. The only problem was it was soooo hazy and smoggy, we could hardlly see the Statue of Liberty as we passed by. the views of Manhattan were absolutely stunning, though. Hopefully in May when we are sailing down the Hudson on the Gem the haze will be gone!

that was AWESOME leaving NYC and seeing the Statue of Liberty sailing on the Spirit in Sept 2008 and as we passed by over the PA was Lee ********* singing...very touching and moving and there were alot of tears being shed...i get 'choked up' just remembering...hope to go back one day!!!

The stirring sound of Lee Greeenwood singing "God Bless the USA" seems to be standard procedure on all NCL ships passing the Statue on sailaway now.

Renee, how are you? I'm still bummed you won't be with us in May. I hope all is well with you and your family.

Mary

Hi Mary!

All is good in the homefront! The new position at work is a killer! I was finally OKd for a vacation the LAST week in July! I decided to just take a train trip to Chicago just in case they decided to cancel all vacations again! :rolleyes:

Please be sure to let me know how the cruise was! I'm still pretty sad about having to cancel!!:(

Renee'

We will be sailing out of New York on the Jewel, and I very much want to see the Statue of Liberty as we sail out of NY. Is this possible and which side will it be on? Thanks!

We cruised from NY in July on the Carnival Glory. The Statue of Liberty is definitely starboard as you are leaving NY. We actually had a balcony on the port side and got up early as we were returning to NY and got the best pictures and view then.

Great information from all. Since we'll be on a Panama Canal cruise we will not return to NY so I wanted to be sure to be on the statue side. Since we'll have a front balcony I'm hoping we'll have a good view of Manhattan as we move down the river.

Archived