23kg going out what about on the way back?

suebubbles

Airlines take cargo out of the UK, they make there money doing this so outbound the aircraft is full,our cases take second priority so the more cargo they can take $$$ for the airline. On the return generally not as much so hence the less restrictions.

Especially on the cruise charters as they will be taking UK food and drink out to p&o.

If the staff can carry it off the ship, then it's OK, one of our case on the way back from Barbados weighed 36kg (we weighed it when we got home because it was a bit heavy!)

Rosie

I wouldn't be so tactless as to ask what you could be fetching back from the Caribbean that made your case so heavy ;):D

Cb

Rosie

I wouldn't be so tactless as to ask what you could be fetching back from the Caribbean that made your case so heavy ;):D

Cb

Oh CB isn't it obvious? Lots and lots of ..........................sand :cool:

To hide the drugs :D

(just kidding)

Why put it in your luggage to be weighed?

Big pockets. Are YOU weighed?

Anyone know what he's talking about ...... or taking? :confused:

I'm sure it's perfectly clear in your mind. :eek:

Try taking it with water Mike, it's not as potent. :o

Cuckoo, cuckoo :D

Ah got it now! you're suggesting adding 4 kilo's in your pockets to avoid paying the £60 ....... why not suggest wearing the clothes and sweating for 9 hours in 4 pairs of trousers and 8 tops that the 4kg covers?

Interesting thread question....one thing that puts me off a fly-cruise is the luggage weight allowance, as such a heavy packer. So a sail out,fly back would be better for me then haha;) ?

I went on a weeks holiday to Madeira this year and paid for a extra 5kg lol, god help me on a 2 week cruise....

Airports don't you just love them . £1 to get dropped off £1 for trolley £25 for bag £60 for excess £150 duty free slimy now. Wasn't like this at Southampton December.oh and flight delayed ten and half hours from this morning. Iff my pockets were that big I wouldn't have spent £150 in duty free.

Flying out from UK, your luggage will be weighed on check in and limits strictly enforced. Returning, you put your luggage outside your cabin the evening before disembarkation and it is taken to the plane and loaded independently of you - you do not seee it again until you land in the UK. Whether it is weighed individually before being loaded I do not know, but I have never heard of anyone being asked to pay extra for a bag which (like its owner?) appears to have put on weight during the cruise.

Why put it in your luggage to be weighed?

Big pockets. Are YOU weighed?

:rolleyes:

In other words wear your heaviest clothes (and shoes) home and fill your pockets with items (books etc) rather than putting them in the case. Also put heavy items in hand luggagge as this is very rarely weighed.

I wouldn't worry. Some of the weight in your cases will be lost on holiday (sun cream, shower gel, after sun, shampoo etc). We always take luggage scales with us on holiday so we can weigh the cases and move things around accordingly. We are always right up to the limit but never over.

Just returned this morn from Christmas & New Year on Ventura. On way out took 2 cases each and 1 small carry on - got absolutely hammered for being over the limit, a few £100 excess each.

Prepared for return flight by shedding certain clothing throughout cruise and was careful not to buy souvenirs. Was hopeful our efforts would save us excess costs only to discover our luggage travelled independent from us through airport and is not weighted on return ... the size and weight of the carry on luggage was never checked either.

So made sacrifices that turned out to be unnecessary after all ... all that £6 Bacardi per Litre & B&H working out at £1.40/20 pack lost out on :eek:.

Enjoy your hol's and the non existent weight allowance coming back ;);)

Just returned this morn from Christmas & New Year on Ventura. On way out took 2 cases each and 1 small carry on - got absolutely hammered for being over the limit, a few £100 excess each.

Prepared for return flight by shedding certain clothing throughout cruise and was careful not to buy souvenirs. Was hopeful our efforts would save us excess costs only to discover our luggage travelled independent from us through airport and is not weighted on return ... the size and weight of the carry on luggage was never checked either.

Swoggy - can you give us some details? - airport, airline, limits, etc?

We have just got back from caribbean cruise with Sea Princess.

we flew from Cardiff to Barbados. Our limit was 23kg on way out, but on the way back we just left our cases outside the rooom, as directed and they went to the airport and onto the plane unaccompanied so we didn't bother about weight. I am sure one case was over the limit.

Enjoy your trip!

:)

Archived