Santa Margherita/Portofino/Pisa?

TWENTY564

We're going to be cruising with HAL on the Nordham this coming May, and will be arriving in Santa Margherita. We'd like to visit Portofino, as well as Pisa.

I understand there's a bus that takes you to Portofino. And a train that can take us to Pisa. Or maybe by taxi? Just curious if this is easily done, or might be too much for a 1 day shore excursion. Thanks for any info..etc.

RC

I screwed up, and got my questions confused. Forget Pisa.

Thanks~>RC

Good for you....not even close.

If you do not want to take the bus check out the ferry that goes to Portofino weather permitting...nice way to go and it does not take long.Small area,but charming. More to see and do in St.M.

We took the public bus over and the ferry back. The bus stop is very close to where the tender drops you off, it was very cheap, maybe one euro pp. The ride is about fifteen minutes and they have a liitle ticket booth at the bus stop with friendly folks working that will help you get on the right bus. The ferry coming back was five euro pp and you buy the tickets right at the main dock. Portofino is very pretty but get there early. We got there at 8:30, had the whole town to ourselves, visited St George's church and Castle Brown but when we got back from CB, it was a mad house, not all that enjoyable. I think the ships tour showed up around 10:30.

Kirk

Archived