Wi-Fi and Internet access question

You will need to go to their computer room and sign up for the WiFi (you have to make a user name and password). Then you can use your laptop wherever there is a hot spot. The newer ships have WiFi in the cabins - very convenient!! The packages are cheaper than pay as you go by the minute.

You have to use a Ship's PC terminal to buy WiFi time. You cannot do this direct from a laptop at a hotspot.

Go to a Ship's PC terminal, swipe your SeaPass card for access. Select the appropriate option (to buy WiFi time), enter your Stateroom number and register a password, then select the time package your wish to buy. Done.

After that you just log-in via your laptop using your Stateroom number and password and you are in. You can still use any Ship's PC terminal by swiping you SeaPass card.

Yep, we had wifi in the cabin on Liberty.

One note, if you sign up for a package, make sure to check your account throughout the cruise. I had a couple of "stray" internet charges over and above the package charge. Easy fix at Guest Services, but I am glad I checked.

Archived