Visa Gift Card Question

barrbr

Are you able to use Visa Gift Cards outside of the country?

Depends what country you're going to, and whether the retailers there accept VISA.

You can always use a gift card against your S&S account on board the ship.

Depends what country you're going to, and whether the retailers there accept VISA.

thanks for the info on the card. i would like too use it for my gratuities when i embark and put some down on my ss. now i know i can without taking alot of extra cash or putting it on my credit card. thanks again

I think I read just the opposite. Id have to search FAQs to be sure. I think they do a fake charge to see if the account is good, and then the charge, so it is impossible to use up a gift card onboard.

I think I read you could not use a gift card .. Host Mach would know .. I think he posted you couldnt... but I could be wrong. I would double check this info, just me.

ok .. this isnt what host mach quoted, but I think will do.

For your convenience, charges for most of your onboard purchases will be posted to your Sail & Sign® account. A required application form will be included with your documents. Registration for this program will occur at the time of embarkation. Carnival accepts American Express, Visa, MasterCard, Discover® Network Card, Diner's Club, Optima Card and cash for deposit on your account. A deposit (ranging from $100 to $350 depending on cruise duration) will be required for cash accounts. Third-party credit cards, Travel Funds Cards, Credit Card Gift Cards and Mini Credit Cards are not accepted on board

Another option is to use the Visa gift card to purchase Funship dollars. I just did this last week with no problem. I did a separate transaction for each card and just had them apply it as OBC. It was simple and a good way to use up all of the card at once.

Archived