What Cruise Should We Take?

midnightneedles

It would be me, my husband, hopefully a couple of friends (we are in our 20s) starting on Dec18th ish

We previously went to Belize, Cozumel, and missed Roatan on the Carnival Triumph.

We are from Iowa and would love to do another cruise, different from the one we just took

ANy suggestions on ship, destinations, cruise prices

I like where these recomendations are headed! I too would advise on Liberty Eastern Itin, great ports, really great ship, can usually get really good deals as well if you are somewhat flexable with dates. We did this itin last year and have Liberty booked again as part of a B2B this year. Have a great time!

The Eastern and Southern Carribean are very nice. To cruise the Southern Carribean on Carnival you depart from San Juan P.R.

You do not need to leave out of San Juan to go Southern though! You can go out of Ft Lauderdale 8 night! San Juan can be more expensive! Also you will have more ports which can be nice, BUT if you enjoy sea days I would go out of Ft Lauderdale!

We just did Miracle southern 8 night cruise!!!!!!!:D

AWESOME cruise! We did the DR, Aruba, Curacao, were suppose to port at Grand Turk but seas were rough! HIGHLY recommend this cruise and ship! As you will see on other threads Miracle is one the favs of Carnival ships! That ship also goes to St Kitts, St Lucia and St Martin, heard that one is awesome too! Would love to do that one sometime soon!

Have fun shopping! LOVE shopping for cruises! ;)

Go for the Victory from San Juan. Several different ports and its always warm there. The Western as of late in the winter can be rather chilly. Our son is in Cozumel today (Elation) and its only going to be 74 for the high:eek:

Go for the Victory from San Juan. Several different ports and its always warm there. The Western as of late in the winter can be rather chilly. Our son is in Cozumel today (Elation) and its only going to be 74 for the high:eek:

74 huh? Wow, you're really breaking my heart. I'll be icefishing if you need me.....

Carnival Glory has a Dec. 18th departure from Miami for 8 days that goes to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, San Juan and the Grand Turks. Carnival Miracle also has a Dec. 20th departure from Ft. Lauderdale visiting St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts for 8 days. Both of those are Eastern Iteneraries. The prices for these Christmas time cruises are also more expensive than sailing the week before. Most of the other Carnival Caribbean cruises depart on the 17th and offer both the Eastern Western routes. In all cases of these cruises - kids are usually on Christmas break and they will be jammed with families.

It would be me, my husband, hopefully a couple of friends (we are in our 20s) starting on Dec18th ish

We previously went to Belize, Cozumel, and missed Roatan on the Carnival Triumph.

We are from Iowa and would love to do another cruise, different from the one we just took

If your driving in and are looking for a Gulf Coast departure ships from New Orleans and Galveston head east once a month. Nassua, Freeport and Key West. Next year for Christmas the New Magic will be in Galveston it's a special 8 night Cruise going to Belize, Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel. To check out the ship go to Carnivalmagic.com

I am a big fan of Spirit class ships, so would probably opt for the Miracle out of Ft Lauderdale. Legend out of Tampa is great, too, but you've already been to 2 of those ports. If you are huge fans of the big screen on Lido, though, spirit class doesn't have it (that's actually a plus to us;)).

I would never choose a cruise to Nassau and Freeport...there are much nicer destinations....JMO.

Were you on the New Years cruise out of New Orleans?? I was on the same cruise. My stepdad was Gerry, if you saw the show the first night... and I was in one of the game shows. We were very sad we didn't get to Roatan. My family and I have decided to take the Legend from Tampa, its the same ports as the Triumph, but Cayman Islands as well.

Carnival Miracle also has a Dec. 20th departure from Ft. Lauderdale visiting St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts for 8 days. Both of those are Eastern Iteneraries.

I also highly recommend the Miracle's 8 day cruise to St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. They are all beautiful islands, and the Miracle is a wonderful ship.

My other favorite would be the Conquest's itinerary of Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Montego Bay, Jamaica. However, by then, the Conquest will be based in New Orleans, doing a different itinerary, and the brand new Magic will be doing this itinerary out of Galveston. If you'd like to try a brand new ship, the Magic would be a great choice. We have done this itinerary several times already and never tire of it.

Were you on the New Years cruise out of New Orleans?? I was on the same cruise. My stepdad was Gerry, if you saw the show the first night... and I was in one of the game shows. We were very sad we didn't get to Roatan. My family and I have decided to take the Legend from Tampa, its the same ports as the Triumph, but Cayman Islands as well.

Yes we were...we were also sad about roatan. We have to go sometime during the time frame of the 17th of dec-3rd of january so exxxpensive time

We'd love to go on a cruise with more ports of call, you know, just in case you miss one

I too would recommend a 7 day Eastern. The southern itin out of San Juan is just too busy for me. (A different port every day!), and I'd normally say that "Miracle" would be a good choice, but if the current cruise director (Malcolm Burn) is still aboard when you want to sail, then I'd advise against it. Liberty is a great ship, and the Eastern itinerary is excellent!

"SKY"

We did the Eastern on the Glory in November. The upcoming November we are doing the Southern from San Juan.

Archived