Crown Princess or Norwegian Sun??? Please share your opinions

rdh rules

:confused: Hello all, I need help from you that are more seasoned travelers than us. I've been reading the boards, reviews for the past week. We have been on only 1 cruise 4yrs ago this Christmas--Carnival Celebration from Jacksonville to Bahamas. We did not really like Carnival because there was no room at the pool and only bars and gambling to pass your time at sea; also food was not that great in MDR, better on the Lido deck.

We were wanting to take the Celebrity Eclipse cruise to W. Caribbean, but life happened :( and the prices went up.

We plan to go between 3/10-5/10.

Now our choices are Crown Princess (who have reduced their rates) and Norwegian Sun. Same price for inside room (which is what we liked-great sleeping). They do have different ports, but no difference to us. We'll be driving either way.

My husband is 45 and I'm 33. We do not drink, smoke, or gamble. I call a vacation: good food, relaxing by the pool or ocean, reading a book and doing the occasional walking around (sightseeing), and maybe some entertainment. I have read about 200 reviews and posts on each of these boats.

Please share your advice if you have went on either or both of these boats. :) THANK YOU!!!

We just got off the Crown today. I would take some of the latest bad reviews about the Crown with a grain of salt. Like you, our first cruise was on the Celebration back in 01 out of Galveston, then we took Carnival Fanatasy out of NOLA in 08. When we stepped on the Crown, first words I said was "we aren't on Carnival any more"! Don't get me wrong, we enjoyed Carnival, but to me, the Crown was incredible. The main difference in the ships was the decor. Plus, if you like to hang out by the pool, I thought the pools were much bigger on the Crown than on the Carnival ships. I'll probably post my review tomorrow, but if you have any questions, just let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Crown today. ....... I'll probably post my review tomorrow, but if you have any questions, just let me know.

I never did find your review, did you do one? Thanks for your info, I've read on all other threads;)

I think I'm going to do that Nachi Cocom in Cozumel.

Archived