Tapas

ocean paradise

So how long of a walk is it from the pier to Tapa's? Did you make a reservation to have a table, lounge & unbrella waiting for you or just go and what's the best time to go to get a table ????

Def. take the taxi there - the roads that you would have to walk down to get to the village I would not feel safe on AT ALL. As soon as you get off the ship go through the port and out the backside where there is a stand set up selling taxi tickets. They will take your money and give you a slip. Then you wait in the line against the wall and it takes people to town by the order of the line. Had I known this at first I would recommend one person waiting in the line to get the tickets and one go to the line for the taxis. It will cut your wait time in half - wish I had known that. Have a great time in Mahijual (probably spelled wrong - LOL)

I, too did not know there woul dbe a long line to get taxi tickets. A very good diea is to send your party to wait in the line while one person buys the tickets. I bet we would have saved almost 45 mintues doing it that way.

Did you take a bus in or taxi? Going to Majuahaul we had buses but taxis bring us back- the taxi would drop us off and head back to Majuahaul empty. (I wonder if that is why the 1.00 cheaper coming back)

The wait in line was probably 10 min to get ticket - 5 to get bus. We took a bus down and a cab back. No line to come back. You are dropped in the center of town and can walk 5 min in either direction - thats about it. When you want to return you walk back to the center and the cabs are all there waiting to take you back. Fun times - enjoy - check out Pez Quadro we loved it there! Next time I'll stop at Tapas just because we didnt give it a try this time.

Thought ya would like it. I know from reading these boards a lot of people were asking questions about your menu and you rbeach and massages. Now you got a web page to show them. good luck with you and the new baby.

• 1 month later...
Where is Tapas located in Costa Maya?

Tappas is located in Majuhaul. WHen you get to the pier there will be taxis to take you there. Its a strip of beach with bars/resturants on one side and the beach on the other.

• 2 weeks later...

spent 4 days in mahahual got to know my waiters Emir and Juan at tapas pretty good order the bucket of beer 6 for $10 plus the ice keeps it cold if they could only get some Jimmy Buffet music on the beach it would be perfect as it is it is still pretty close say hello to Jaun and Emir

Just back from Explorer, we were in Costa Maya last Weds. We also went to Pez Quadro from costamayaexcursions.com and had a great time. It seemed like everyone was heading for Tapas, so I don't know how crowded it was, but Pez Quadro was not full at all. Plenty of chairs, some nice shaded areas. We also preordered lunch and it was very good, between 4 of us we split 3 plates and still had a lot left over. The drinks were very good, open bar and all top shelf liquor. The staff was very attentive.

I also highly recommend Pez Quadro as another great place other than Tapas as it is becoming quite popular. Pez Quadro is a little further down the road from Tapas, but worth the walk.

Archived