Tapas

ocean paradise

Hi All,

I am trying to e-mial Tapas Bar and can't get them with the 2 different email addresses I have found on the boards, can anyone help:confused:. Also from what I read them seem to have the best recommendations, anyone else have any other suggestions, we will be there next Monday, getting really excited and can't wait:D

Thanks for any replies, Donna

I recommend tappas bar. All the bars are all within a walking distance. Bars are located across the street from the beach fronts. Seems the bars own the beach front property.

Here are our pictures from Majuahaul. http://community.webshots.com/album/283722808YEZBmx?879

and Joe is working onthe web page for Tappas bar hee is the preview--dont know if it will be finished before you go.

http://www.joephila.org/tapas/tapas.html

Joe is still working on the Tappas web page- we do have their menu to post also.

I dont know what is about Tappas compared to the other places at the beach. There is only one long beach. a small road connects the beach to the bars that have the property directly in front of it- there are quite a few bars. What I did notice is that the further down the stip of road the less crowded the places were. Seems people when they came to Majuahaul and got dropped off at the bus-- they didnt venture any further and jsut stayed in the begining of the strip.

What makes Tapas great is the service! Just came back and Allen was our waiter, he made our day so special!!! Great drinks, excellent food, beautiful beach and the people are so friendly!! The bathrooms are not the greatest but you can survive those Im sure. There were 17 of us total and we spent the entire day at Tapas, we never needed anything, my daughters were treated wonderfully and the adults had a great time. If you eat or drink at Tapas the beach chairs are free and at most other places you have to pay even if you eat or drink. We could have left it all behind and stayed here forever!!! I also reccomend a massage on the beach right next to Tapas...wonderful! Ask for Allen...he rocks!!!

Guest Time2gocruzn

Wow Tapas does sound nice. Just wondering if anyone had been anywhere else and could compare it to Tapas. I have heard next to nothing about other places here. Everyone seems to love Tapas, thats for sure!!:) I am sure that is where we will go...I,m just a girl that likes to know all my options;) :D

we also were just at tapas last week ans highly recommend it. Until you get there you cannot appreciate how undeveloped the area is so asking the difference between bars/restaurants is almost inconsequential, we chose it because it looked somewhat neater, more organized and I had read several reviews. These are VERY SMALL establishments. The food was excellent at TAPAS. We`had Ceviche, quesadillas, lobster and a whole fish barbecued as well as fish fillet which was out of this world. Numerous beers, and all of the above was $100 for five people, very reasonable. The servioce was good, the location great adn I would highly recommend it. My husband is cuban, speaks fluent spanish and loved it. We also were not at all sick after eating all varieties of food. The water is just gorgeous and I would encourage anyone on a cruiseship to visit the village as truly it will not last.

Wow Tapas does sound nice. Just wondering if anyone had been anywhere else and could compare it to Tapas. I have heard next to nothing about other places here. Everyone seems to love Tapas, thats for sure!!:) I am sure that is where we will go...I,m just a girl that likes to know all my options;) :D

DJK,

Here is a link to my Tapas review from a few weeks ago.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127355

Steve

The day we were in Costa Maya Tapas was very busy so we headed to the end of town and came upon Pez Quadro.It wasnt busy at all and the service was great and the margaritas were to die for ($4) beer $2. We had beach chairs on the water for the day and ordered food acroos the street at the hotel ,had shrimp ceviche.Very good.They used purified water and ice and were very clean and well run.This bar had swings at it. My wife had a massage and she says it was better then any massage she has had at home from professionally trained people.

I didnt see water toys...although I am not interested in those so i may not been looking. there really isnt any thing to contact the tappas bar about. are you talking for making reservations?

Can I contact Tapas before my cruise, if so, how do I contact them? Sounds like my family would have a great time there. Are there any water toys close by?

Thanks,

Kath

Kath,

What do you mean water toys? Jet ski's are nearby.Thats it.

Do youself a favor and when you get into this little town,walk from end to end and see what all the little places have to offer before deciding on one (15 minutes tops). When I was there a few weeks ago I went to tapa's and next time I will not.I thought the place with the jet ski's just as you enter the main town was better.

Steve

There is a place right across from Tapas that sells water floats,swimmies etc.... The swim up pool and bar at the pier is expensive, the pool is saltwater and you would be missing so much of the local flavor. My daughters swam in this pool and said it was disgusting, it looked okay but I did not go in. We stopped there after our day at Tapas. I guess I had so much fun at Tapas I have a hard time beleiving someone wouldnt!

After my scuba dive with Blue Ha last week, I took a cab from there into "downtown" (yeah, right) Majahual. I spent about an hour walking up and down the beach and "street," checking out all of the bars, etc. Several things really impressed me about Tapas, other than the fact that, due to this board, I knew a little about it before we sailed. Here are the most important to me:

1. Tapas has a very courteous staff that speaks, in general, very good English - a WHOLE lot better than my marginal, "barely get by" Spanish.

2. When I approached Tapas, walking down the street, a gentleman from Tapas approached me and invited me into their establishment, showing me a menu. I declined, but told him that I would be back later. He immediately smiled, backed off, and told me, "I hope to see you again soon, Sir. Do come back." No hard sell, no rudeness.....just good salesmanship.

3. When I did return, I walked across the street from the beach side to the "town" side, and up the steps to Tapas' upper level. They have several tables and chairs up there, IN THE SHADE, which was very welcome to me after spending a while roasting on the beach. Every table had clean, cloth tablecloths. I ordered a couple of Pacifico beers and some guacamole and chips. Excellent service, good food/beer, and a nice view in a relaxing, shaded area. Yes, some other bars had shade, but I really liked the upstairs area at Tapas where the breeze could blow through and it wasn't dark inside.

IMHO, even though it's a fairly small establishment, Tapas gets my vote. I'll go back for their excellent food and customer service. (Other folks there at the same time were raving about the wonderful grilled lobster.)

I tried to get into Tapas after reading the excellent reviews on this board, but when my wife and I came upon it, it was full on the beach. They recommended next door, called Ernesto's, and it really looked like a continuation of Tapas. The servers were okay, and spoke English well, and of course the beach was wonderful. We had a table and chairs reserved with a table umbrella for when it got hot, and they did charge us $3 for a lounge chair. On the good side, their fajita's were very good and plentiful, and cheap, and the beer was cold, and cheap ($2 for Corona or Modella) and the service was good. There were message tables on both sides of the beach restaurant area, and there was a small boat tied near the beach for people who wanted to go to the reef to snorkel (I believe the cost was $20 for an hour including snorkel euipment). At the very end, I am pretty good at keeping track of how much I was spending, even after many beers, and our waiter either tried to gouge us, or just didn't know how to add. At any rate, when I corrected him, he apologized and gladly accepted my $25 (which was two fajita meals, and many beers) This beach is fantastic, but next time I think Tapas is my first choice.

Went to Tapas in January and had a wonderful time.

If you want to get a massage watch for a down time and negotiate a better price. We did and that meant more fried lobster!!!!

Be sure you bring cash - no credit cards.

I can't remeber our waiter's name - starts with an E - I think, and had the same excellent service. He spent a fair amount of time just talking with us and we enjoyed that.

I had originally planned on going to Tapas but decided on Pez Quadro because of the Costa Maya Beach Break Party For Cruisers. I heard about it on these boards and it seemed like a great deal. We had open bar for the entire time we were there - mixed drinks, beers, tequila shots - anything you wanted no exceptions! They set us up with nice lounge chairs and waited on us like we were royalty to them. We set this all up ahead of time and paid the balance when we arrived. The open bar was $25 per person. They asked for 20% down and the rest when we arrived. We preordered Shrimp platter $10, lobster platter $15 and mexican platter $5. All was SCRUMPTIOUS! Very professional, clean restrooms (with toilet seats and paper! Some do not have!) and a great beach with massage right there - loved it - did not give Tapas a try this time but feel I made a great choice. Here is the link for the beach party. http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm

Archived