Beverage card onboard?

swscruiser

Are these transferrable from one ship to the next? On our last HAL cruise we were not allowed to use a card from a previous cruise.

Bill

They are not, you will be refunded the remainder if you didn't use as much as you paid for the card, however i don't believe it's automatically done (at least it wasn't for me) I had to go to the front desk for mine on disembarkation day.

Quick question: do the soda cards & beverage cards look different? Is it easy to tell one from another or are they identical? Just curious as I already have a soa card and wondered about buying a beverage card onboard for the occasional liquor drinks I might have.

Quick question: do the soda cards & beverage cards look different? Is it easy to tell one from another or are they identical? Just curious as I already have a soa card and wondered about buying a beverage card onboard for the occasional liquor drinks I might have.

They looked exactly the same from what I recall except one says Beverage and one says Soda. Now i want to look at mine. If i find them and see a difference I'll let you know but I'm pretty certain the only difference was the wording on the outside.

You might want to note, a beverage card is really only a $5.00 value, and that's ONLY if you spend the full $50 in drinks. The soda card is a good deal, but I'd not bother buying beverage card if i were in your shoes unless you're doing it to more closely watch your spending in which case, it would be useful.

If you buy a $50 Beverage Card you pay 45 dollars for it. If at the end of the cruise you used 40 bucks of it, you'd only receive 5 dollars back in credit, as you paid 45 for the card, so this is why I say it's not worth it unless you spend the entire card.

Hope this info is useful!

You might want to note, a beverage card is really only a $5.00 value, and that's ONLY if you spend the full $50 in drinks. The soda card is a good deal, but I'd not bother buying beverage card if i were in your shoes unless you're doing it to more closely watch your spending in which case, it would be useful.

If you buy a $50 Beverage Card you pay 45 dollars for it. If at the end of the cruise you used 40 bucks of it, you'd only receive 5 dollars back in credit, as you paid 45 for the card, so this is why I say it's not worth it unless you spend the entire card.

Hope this info is useful!

It is and thanks! :)

I'm definately keeping the soda card which I agree is a very good value. I was sort of wanting to keep an eye out on how much I was spending on liquor beverages and this seemed to work better than charging it back to the cabin acount. I just might pick up a card while onboard.

Archived