Despite the negativity, here I am

Alan the sponge

I would advise your son to make sure that his girlfriend is going to say yes and that she is not easily embarrased. I agree with making it special, but if my boyfriend proposed in front of a large crowd I'd be mortified! :o But I wish him luck in whatever he chooses!

and if Mach can't I bet he can get John to help. This is one of those times when it is better than OK to get John involved. BTW Mach tell John to get over his flu soon.

OP, many thanks to your son for taking care of US.

Best

ZQ

Ya' know, I have yet to hear from the OP. Are you still out there???

:confused:

By the way, John is doing much better today...

:)

It doesn’t sound like a “yes” is out of the question for the proposal.

When I was on the Dream, the Lido Deck was packed for the laser light show. I think it would be cool if your son could do a pre-recorded DVD and have the proposal broadcast on the big screen prior to the laser light show or have their song playing before the show (every couple I know has one) . He could appear from the center elevator area, right under the big screen in full military dress. I’m sure if they can’t do the DVD, they could do the music and have a microphone set up so he could propose live.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if I saw this on a ship…I think it would be memorable for everyone….

Thank you for the sacrifices that both your son and family have made for our country…

It doesn’t sound like a “yes” is out of the question for the proposal.

When I was on the Dream, the Lido Deck was packed for the laser light show. I think it would be cool if your son could do a pre-recorded DVD and have the proposal broadcast on the big screen prior to the laser light show or have their song playing before the show (every couple I know has one) . He could appear from the center elevator area, right under the big screen in full military dress. I’m sure if they can’t do the DVD, they could do the music and have a microphone set up so he could propose live.

I don’t know about anyone else, but if I saw this on a ship…I think it would be memorable for everyone….

Thank you for the sacrifices that both your son and family have made for our country…

This has my vote!

Im sure she will say yes, OP said she has stood by him through everything so it wont matter how he asks but this would be awesome, I know I would be very flattered someone went through all that trouble and planning :)

Best wishes to your family

I went back to check as well and my findings were the same as yours. Unless there were posts/threads that were removed, there is no blasting.

:confused::confused::confused:

OP, I hope Mach can help you out.

They were removed and for VERY good reason! So, sad to say, he's not making anything up. :o

OP - I would definately take Host Mach up on his offer, he'll get you pointed in the right direction and thank you to your Son for all his work & sacrifice. I hope everyting works out well for him. :)

i got blasted on my first posting and said i wasn't going to write here again but yet here i am despite the cruel remarks i have read. The reason i am back is that i have sponge lots of money on two suites and an inside cabin on the dream and i can't get this question answered by my travel agent so here i am asking you for help.

I have my son cruising with me. He was injured by an ied in afghanistan losing his right leg and vision in his eye. During these hard times his girlfriend has been by his side and now my son wants to propose to her in public or in a special way. Does carnival arrange this. Please can you tell me how i can help my son with this. We sail on january 29. Thank you.

on our last cruise in march we saw a man call in to the cruise director morning show and then he had the camera crew put the camera on her .it was displayed on the big tv on the lido deck. He was calling from a near by phone on the deck . He made some touching remarks then he popped the question and then the cd asked for her response and she said yes. He then came out with the ring. It was on of the sweetest things that i have ever seen. I hope that they get the magic that both deserve.give your son a hug and kiss from me and my family for giving up so much to keep my children and husband and me free. God bless you all . I hope that they have a long and happy life together.

My wife and I were on the Glory in November and during dinner the microphone was handed to a young man who proposed on the stairs of the main dinning room. Almost every woman in the room, my wife included were teary eyed. And she did say yes when she could finally speak. It was great for all.

Also, as a member of a very military family; grandfather and uncle were in the Army, my dad, my daughter and I were Navy, and another uncle was a Marine (lots of friendly arguing), I would like to express our thanks to your son for what he has done and our sympathy for the price you have all paid. May peace come to you in your everyday life and peace come to us all soon.

Thank you for coming back to post again. I hope you come back and take advantage of the offer from Host Mach, he has helped a lot of people. I must say your story brought tears to my eyes, bless your son for all that he has done and sacrificed. Although I am not American (I'm a Canadian), I too wish to thank him for his service.

All the best to you and to your entire family. Do come back and let us know how it all turns out!

Host Mach, thank you for all you do here too!

Dee

Archived