Despite the negativity, here I am

Alan the sponge

I got blasted on my first posting and said I wasn't going to write here again but yet here I am despite the cruel remarks I have read. The reason I am back is that I have sponge lots of money on two suites and an inside cabin on the Dream and I can't get this question answered by my Travel Agent so here I am asking you for help.

I have my son cruising with me. He was injured by an IED in Afghanistan losing his right leg and vision in his eye. During these hard times his girlfriend has been by his side and now my son wants to propose to her in public or in a special way. Does Carnival arrange this. Please can you tell me how I can help my son with this. We sail on January 29. Thank you.

I can't answer your question but wanted to thank your son for his service and send best wishes for his plans. I have no idea why you were blasted but the majority of people at CC are very friendly and willing to help if they can. Good luck and have a great cruise.:)

I got blasted on my first posting and said I wasn't going to write here again but yet here I am despite the cruel remarks I have read. The reason I am back is that I have sponge lots of money on two suites and an inside cabin on the Dream and I can't get this question answered by my Travel Agent so here I am asking you for help.

I have my son cruising with me. He was injured by an IED in Afghanistan losing his right leg and vision in his eye. During these hard times his girlfriend has been by his side and now my son wants to propose to her in public or in a special way. Does Carnival arrange this. Please can you tell me how I can help my son with this. We sail on January 29. Thank you.

Email me, please. I think I can help.

:)

Glad to see you are back. I am sure you will get some ideas from the folks here. The suppper club might be a good place. Also wondering if the Cruise Director might be able to help out with this if he wants to do something public. Another idea would be to ask John Heald or Host Mach to help you out with this one. Good luck and god bless your son!

I hope you get some help from Host Mach and some ideas from the folks on here but for your next trip I would use a different TA. Ours would have made an attempt to get us some answers or offered to have their cabin decorated and champagne and flowers delivered or something, especially since you booked 2 suites and another cabin.

I'm not help with this, but just a quick thought on the public proposal. A lot of girls have absolutely no interest in a public proposal and would rather it just be the two of them. Hopefully your son knows whether she would like a public proposal or not. Also, make sure she would say yes before he does it publicly!

God bless your son....I hope things work out for him and his GF says yes! Can't wait to hear how he does it.....Does he want it to be in public - meaning on stage or in public - at dinner i.e. having the wait staff bring the ring out on top of a piece of cake, pie etc..?

Alan: I have reviewed all five (5) of your posts. None of the responses to them BLAST you.

ralph

I am sorry you were blasted. I would love to thank you, your family and especially your son for his sacrifice made to preserve our freedoms. Truly inspiring. I can only say from my point of view, how moving it would be to get to see a special moment unfold during the "formal" night or in the more upscale restuarant. However he chooses to do it, I am sure it will be a moment that they will remember for the rest of their and your lives. Best Wishes!

I cant answer your question but have to say bless you and your son and your family. I hope this all works out for you all. Im not a US citizen, but we also have soldiers over there and I can only sympathise. If you dont deal directly with a PVP at Carnival, or you go through a travel agent, you should be able to arrange a special occasion either way. Best Wishes.:)

Thank you to your Son and all of his fellow Brothers and Sisters in the Military for all they do in protecting our Freedom!!!

PS I would think your son should have no problem getting any help he needs with the proposal.......even if he has to wait til he can speak with the cruise staff once on board......Good Luck Have Fun:)

Alan: I have reviewed all five (5) of your posts. None of the responses to them BLAST you.

ralph

I went back to check as well and my findings were the same as yours. Unless there were posts/threads that were removed, there is no blasting.

:confused::confused::confused:

OP, I hope Mach can help you out.

I went back to check as well and my findings were the same as yours. Unless there were posts/threads that were removed, there is no blasting.

:confused::confused::confused:

OP, I hope Mach can help you out.

Sorry to say, but,.....there were alot of them. I read them all. Some were really mean.:(

God Bless your son for protecting our country. Please let us know what your son decides to do, how romantic.

Email me, please. I think I can help.

:)

and if Mach can't I bet he can get John to help. This is one of those times when it is better than OK to get John involved. BTW Mach tell John to get over his flu soon.

OP, many thanks to your son for taking care of US.

Best

ZQ

I'm not help with this, but just a quick thought on the public proposal. A lot of girls have absolutely no interest in a public proposal and would rather it just be the two of them. Hopefully your son knows whether she would like a public proposal or not. Also, make sure she would say yes before he does it publicly!

I second this - to me (and not that his girlfriend would feel the same - but many women would) it would spoil what should be a private and emotionally intimate moment - one you would want to look back on and remember as perfect. To say nothing of the pressure. Might be good to get her take on other public proposals and see if she thinks they are romantic or not so much.

I am the kind of person who is uncomfortable by others public proposals if I am near by - I can't imagine what I would feel like if my husband did that. Some people are totally okay with it and I would definitely make sure that she would be okay with it - don't know how you would go about it though while keeping it a secret. MYSELF, I would have the proposal private and intimate but have a toast or celebration publically afterwards if they want to share with others.

Archived