Paris Apartments Before Cruise

Molliem

We are booked on Marina Barcelona to Copenhagen in May 2011.

Booked our own flights and Oceania provided air allowance.

Intend to stay in Paris for five days and then on to Barcelona for cruise.

Anyone have thoughts on where to stay while in Paris. Our first time. Appreciate your experience.

Many Thanks,

Elwin molliem@shaw.ca

Sadly, you are 9 months too late. My daughter had the perfect apartment in The Marais while she was studying there. She was always taking off and leaving it empty so lots of our friends stayed there.

I highly reccommend the area. You can walk almost anywhere and the subway is right there. Well, in Paris, the subway is always right there. What a great system!

Paris is wonderful. You will love it!

Mo

We've been to Paris several times and always stay at the Relais Bosquet. It is a 3 star in the 7th district. Very close to the Eiffel Tower. I will email you as we live in Victoria and it would be easier to talk. The Relais Bosquet is highly rated on Trip Advisor. I think the location is perfect but then again...anywhere in the center of Paris is perfect.

Garry

Nothing in Paris is inexpensive these days, but for our money, the Lancaster is not too out of line, and if you are willing to guarantee them a five night stay, they are small (and old fashioned) enough to work out a "rate" for you.

http://www.thetraveleditor.com/article/652/Hotel_Reviews_Hotel_Luxury_The_Lancaster_Hotel_Paris.html

That is IF your dates don't spill over into April which is the "white hot" season in Paris.

The Lancaster is on the Rue de Berri off the Champs-Élysées, and we used to joke that you can walk anywhere from there except Versailles and Notre Dame!

If you would like an apartment rather than a hotel, look at one of these agencies. They have a range of apartments and all have good reviews on other travel forums. The Marais area is a great place to choose -- we love it, but you can't go wrong with anywhere in central Paris because the Metro and bus systems are so good.

http://www.vacationinparis.com/

http://parisbestlodge.com/

http://www.guestapartment.com/

We've used www.vrbo.com to rent apartments in Europe before (although not Paris) with quite good luck. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions and to look for other websites for a particular apartment (using name or address) for other possible information. Look for a place on a main metro line and you'll be able to get around quick easily.

We have also used www.vrbo.com which excellent results in Paris, Istanbul, Prague, Buenos Aires and Bend, OR. Just like picking a hotel - ask questions, google map the location, ask for pictures. We have stayed in some real gems....

Good luck!

Joe

I second the recommendation for the Relais Bosquet. We stayed there last July for 5 days and loved both the hotel and the location, one block off the Rue Cler.

I can't believe this! I stayed there in November.

Elwin, you and Judy will probably like this hotel. It's rather similar to the one in Istanbul. See my tripadvisor review.

I can't believe this! I stayed there in November.

Elwin, you and Judy will probably like this hotel. It's rather similar to the one in Istanbul. See my tripadvisor review.

It sure is a small Cruise Critic world! We've also met Elwin and Judy on our first Oceania cruise - Venice to Rome in 2007, and looks like we'll see them again on the Marina in May!

Tak2, are you still booked for the 2/21/12 Splendors of Down Under cruise? You and I had a brief email exchange about port tours last fall.

Nancy

Check out http://www.iloveparisapartments.com/a_SA2.htm. My mom's side of the family is from Paris. I have stayed all over Paris. We have stayed at above apartment, my favorite location! Apartment is located next to Notre Dam, Metro, RER. The apartment is located on a pedestrian walking street with restaurants and stores. :)

I don't have experience with apartment rentals in Paris...but any hotel in the vicinity of "Rue Cler" is delightful...We stayed in a hotel around the corner from Rue Cler for one week in 2008 and loved being able to walk there and buy all kinds of prepared foods, cheeses and fresh fruits and vegetables. Rue Cler is amazing ! That location is also walking distance from the Eiffel Tower. We actually had a room with a view of the Tower.

There are many hotels near that street for all kind of budgets. Rick Steeve's travel book has lots of information on it.

Archived