Team K's 14 night Holiday on Explorer Review!

When are you going in April? We're on EOS on 4/28...

I'm on your cruise. Check our very quiet roll call.

I was on the same cruise last April. Wonderful weather, great time except for a waiter jumping overboard. Very sad time for crew and passengers. Extremely well handled by RCI.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Toni

I'm on your cruise. Check our very quiet roll call.

I was on the same cruise last April. Wonderful weather, great time except for a waiter jumping overboard. Very sad time for crew and passengers. Extremely well handled by RCI.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Toni

Excellent! I'm already on our roll call - I'm sure it will pick up soon (fingers crossed!). That's a terrible story about the waiter going overboard, how tragic :(

Look forward to meeting you too!

Hi Nick,

Thanks so much for posting your link!!!

:)

I just want to say cruisediva, how much i enjoyed your report- and all those great photos.

You are right about Jolly Harbour, we have taken 9 day vacations there several winters and it is a gret place to stay, and we always have lunch in that Castaway's cafe.

So glad you enjoyed the review! I would definitely like to go back to Jolly Harbour.

Really enjoyed your review and pictures. We are back on Explorer in March.

Were you in a hump cabin? and did the connecting door lose you alot of room?

Thanks

PandA :)

We didnt feel like we lost any room actually! Our cabin was one of the hump. We usually prefer a hump cabin but the connecting were available so we grabbed them.

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoyed the review!

• 1 month later...
We are planning on july cruise and the markets look wonderful but they are only opened wednesdays and sundays?

From the info we had, yes they are only opened Wed and Sun. They pretty much had the same stuff on every island we stopped at. So, if you are stopping at other islands, expect similar trinkets.

Thanks for the great review! On a cold March day your Caribbean photos looked warm and wonderful!!

Thank you Wildcatfish for the compliment! Im glad you enjoyed!

Especially when the days are cold (but supposed to be warming up), cruise pictures are wonderful to go through.

Thanks again!

CruiseDivaNJ

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really enjoyed your detailed review of the 14 night sailing, even though it was months ago.

I too am living in NJ (it's been about 17.5 years now) but grew up in Queens. Lived in Morris County, then down in Middlesex and Monmouth before heading back up to Morris. My sister moved to NJ back in the early 80s and my mom came in 2000 after my dad died. So we're all here together. I don't think any of my family is still left in the old neighborhood.

I enjoyed your review of Dominica. Had some clients go on Explorer 9 night in March and their only issue was with this port. I guess they wanted to do a beach day, but the ship's excursion was booked and in order to get to the beach, they had to book a sea lion swim as well. It cost a lot more than they wanted (but they did it because it was mom and 18 yo daughter alone...dad and son went off fishing or something). Their feelings were very different from yours.

Will have to look you up on FB.

Really enjoyed your detailed review of the 14 night sailing, even though it was months ago.

I too am living in NJ (it's been about 17.5 years now) but grew up in Queens. Lived in Morris County, then down in Middlesex and Monmouth before heading back up to Morris. My sister moved to NJ back in the early 80s and my mom came in 2000 after my dad died. So we're all here together. I don't think any of my family is still left in the old neighborhood.

I enjoyed your review of Dominica. Had some clients go on Explorer 9 night in March and their only issue was with this port. I guess they wanted to do a beach day, but the ship's excursion was booked and in order to get to the beach, they had to book a sea lion swim as well. It cost a lot more than they wanted (but they did it because it was mom and 18 yo daughter alone...dad and son went off fishing or something). Their feelings were very different from yours.

Will have to look you up on FB.

Thanks for your nice comments!! You can join the chatter and find me here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_172527479431415&ap=1

The only beaches in Dominica are black sand beaches. Well, there are 2 or 3 regular sand beaches but we were told that they are at the far north of the island and that it takes a long time to get there. It isnt recommended for a day trip off a ship, there isnt enough time. Some people are satisfied with a black sand beach, but dominica is way too beautiful to not see it. It isnt known for its beaches. (& I am so not the out doorsy type, but seeing the interior of this island is amazing ,lol)

• 2 weeks later...
Great review!

We are going 10 days in Dec.

After reading this and seeing all the great pics, we're even more excited to go!

So glad you enjoyed my review! Stay tuned for a possible Oasis 6/25 Live From.......

Im still in decision mode as to if I will or will not post Live! Whats a girl to do?

:D:):p

• 1 month later...
Thank you!! I had to pop back myself to take a quick read and peek at the pics I posted! Glad you enjoyed. I wonder if I ever finished....[[[[blonde question]]]]

14 nights on board Explorer was A M A Z I N G !!!

It's always great to hear from you Stacey! :cool:

Eric

Same, Eric!! Send my regards to your beautiful family! Im sure you had a great time on Explorer this summer. Dare I admit, I enjoyed Oasis, but I did miss Explorer!

Variety is always a good thing. I'm glad you enjoyed Oasis! We'll try it out one of these days.

Eric

Thank you!! I had to pop back myself to take a quick read and peek at the pics I posted! Glad you enjoyed. I wonder if I ever finished....[[[[blonde question]]]]

If 14 was amazing, then 10 should be SPECTACULAR !.

BTW that's just another invitation for the Nov. 10th cruise.

Ken

So glad to hear this. Can't wait for my 14 nights onboard her in October.

Archived