Glory Tours-Explore & Discover Barbados...

CaribQween

Yes but I have paid a $50 deposit :confused: and so has lucky 4 by the looks of it!

Maybe you could ask for a refund! Or, maybe you will get lucky and catch Sarah and her crew on a good day....there are many good reviews although they seem to be less frequent than before! Do you know how many ships will be in port the day you are there? The more ships, the more hectic for the tours!

Yes but I have paid a $50 deposit :confused: and so has lucky 4 by the looks of it!

Your right we have paid a $50 deposit, finally got our confirmation. Looks like we will be there the same day, but we are on the Carnival Victory. Guess at this point we will have to just hope for the best.

When did you get the confirmation? She said she was going to email it to me about 2 weeks ago. Then she asked what ship I was on......then nothing. I have sent her emails since but have only had the automated reply.

Maybe we'll be on the same tour!

We did a tour last week with Glory and it was a fantastic day! Very good tour we did The best of Barbados with snorkle and swim with turtles.

The lunch stop at the side of the road was NOT the least bit scary at all, the flying fish and mac and cheese were excellent. Don't know if other poster went to a different place.

All 9 in our group thought it was a very good tour and I would highly recommend it.

When did you get the confirmation? She said she was going to email it to me about 2 weeks ago. Then she asked what ship I was on......then nothing. I have sent her emails since but have only had the automated reply.

Maybe we'll be on the same tour!

We received the confirmation yesterday, two days before she emailed that she would send it that night. I do not know if it helped but I emailed all the three addresses, when I got the automated response from one I would send an email to the next stating that all I was receiving was automated responses and was very concerned. Like I said I do not know if this helped. You might want to try it and mention it has been more than two weeks since she said she would send confirmation and you have not gotten it. I hope she gets back to you soon.

Heard from sarah and it seems that we cant go on the Explore and Discover tour because our boat gets in too late. She has offered us the Experience Barbados tour which is very similar..

Any comments please?:confused:

Thank you for the review- what did you have for lunch and could you buy a beer with lunch or somewhere along the way? Gotta keep the guys happy! Did you like the caves? How was the snorkling? Thanks again!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner... yes, the tour stopped at an GREAT little restaurant in the middle of the island called "Sand Dunes Bar and Restaurant". DW and I both had the grilled fish (very fresh) and the meal, which was included in the tour, did offer beer. The caves and the surrounding nature preserve were very interesting and the guides were informative.

and very sorry to hear that folks encountered some difficulties - there always seems to be issues when 3 or more ships come into port on the same day.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife & I just got back from a Grand Princess cruise that included Barbados on March 21, 2011. We booked the "Experience Barbados Tour" with the Option B that includes "Swimming with Turtles and the Glass Bottom Boat Cruise" with Glory Tours and were very pleased. David met us just outside the port, and we were the only ones for the tour so we had a private tour. We did everything the tour advertised. The snorkeling was good and the turtles friendly! I can highly recommend David and this tour.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my family loved our tour with Glory and our driver Sarah was the very,very best.

So much to see and do in Barbados.I want to go back again!We had lunch at The sand dunes.The people were great as was the food.I have a fussy family and we all were very impressed.It was authentic not 5 star.And that's what we were looking for.A place where locals go.

I waited about 5 minutes for Sarah.

In antigua i had waited about 30 minutes for a driver and he was not one fifth as good as sarah!

we did a private tour with glory tours on 4 feb as we wanted to add some places to advertised group tour there were just 2 of us and we had sarah . She was on time , had loads of history about the island and told us lots of lovely stories . Nothing was too much trouble for her , and i would fully recommend glory tours

ditto

• 3 weeks later...

A little nervous now about booking with Glory but have already paid the deposit for 8 people. Last year I booked with Scenic Barbados and was not real happy but do not blame them entirely. We were 5 minutes late due to a torrential rain and they left us. Not one single cab driver was willing to take us to meet them. We tried hard to get there on time but there was a huge "traffic jam" at the exit of the ship due to the rain.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my thoughts on Glory tours. DW and i booked a private tour with Sarah on Apr.1 of this year. She was waiting for us at our designated meeting spot, on time, and we were off on our way before many people even got off the ship. She was very knowlegeable about the island, and really did an exceptional job with our tour, taking us to every spot we requested, and then some that were equally as nice. I highly recomend Sarah and Glory Tours for any trip to Barbados.

Archived