Time help??

4myboyz

This is our first cruise on Carnival and I am kinda confused. I have read that the ship stays on local time?Which we leave out of San Diego so it would stay on PST the whole trip?? So If I wanted to book a tour that says its from 12-3:30 cabo time is this really 11-2:30 our time? The Big ? Is our Itinerary says we will be in port from 9-6 is that really 8-5? I'm so confused! and does anyone Know FOR SURE. if thats how they do the time on The spirit? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!!

Which ship, the Spirit or the Splendor?

I know the Splendor will move the clocks ahead one hour the first full day and will move the clock back to Los Angeles time the day before arriving in Los Angeles. I am not sure how the Spirit will handle it, but I would assume that the Spirit will at least move the clocks ahead one hour after leaving California (San Diego or Los Angeles - depending on when you are leaving) and will return to California time before arriving back in the home port.

Change your watch to whatever the ship's time shows. If they change their time, you change your time. If you are booking a Carnival excursion, they go by ship's time - they will announce that over and over, and publish it in the Fun Times. If you are booking an outside tour, just remember - they will probably go by local time - always wear your watch, and do not change it if you leave the ship. The ship's time is the one that counts. The ship will not wait if you are late! You can always double check at the Guest Services desk, or ask any crew member if you are still mixed up on the ship. Enjoy your cruise!

Shiptime on Carnival Spirit advances one hour overnight after the first full sea day and will do so until daylight saving time takes effect in early March.

Once on daylight time the change is not necessary as the Mexican ports in the mountain time zone do not change their clocks.

When the Spirit calls on Mexican ports in the central time zone shiptime is one hour behind local time.

Archived