San Diego Airport

caribbean52010

Our final destination will be at San Diego. We will be flying home to Portland, OR. The Celebrity arrives in port at 7:00am.

We want to fly home the same day we arrive (We have been to San Diego many times).

My question is:

How far is the airport from the pier and transportation costs?

What would be a safe time to book a flight home? Not sure what time we can get off the ship and arrive at the airport and don't really want to spend all day in an airport either.

Thanks

Bob

Our final destination will be at San Diego. We will be flying home to Portland, OR. The Celebrity arrives in port at 7:00am.

We want to fly home the same day we arrive (We have been to San Diego many times).

My question is:

2½ miles/10 minutes/cheap taxi.

What would be a safe time to book a flight home? Not sure what time we can get off the ship and arrive at the airport and don't really want to spend all day in an airport either.

About 90 minutes after the US DHS has cleared the ship. However, they're not the most reliable of people so I would say no earlier than 11am for a domestic flight.

Thanks

Bob

I don't know when you are booking for, but since there doesn't seem to be any direct flights from SAN to PDX mid-morning, I would go with the noon flights.

If you do find a mid morning flight, I wouldn't try for before 11. You might make it for 10 or 10:30, but I wouldn't risk it.

As for distance, as Scottbee said, it is very close and only a few minutes from pier to airport.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know when you are booking for, but since there doesn't seem to be any direct flights from SAN to PDX mid-morning, I would go with the noon flights.

If you do find a mid morning flight, I wouldn't try for before 11. You might make it for 10 or 10:30, but I wouldn't risk it.

As for distance, as Scottbee said, it is very close and only a few minutes from pier to airport.

Thanks everyone for the input. I have booked our return flight home and leaving at 1:35pm so that should give us enough time.

Thanks again,

Bob

Archived