Meet and Mingle for Kids?

maileenm

I remember reading somewhere on the board that there is something similar to a meet and mingle for kids on the first day and a majority of the kids in the kids programs go to it and meet what become their friends for the cruise.

I have searched the boards, but I am not finding the post. Perhaps I was hallucinating, can anybody tell me if they do have this or if it is only on certain lines or ships? And if they do have it, do they tell you when you board so you add it to your plans?

I don't know if this is what you are asking about but here goes. When we were on the Carnival Dream last Jan they had a welcome aboard dance party for Camp Carnival kids. It was the first night of the cruise. The party was in the disco and was a way for the kids and parents to meet the counselors and other kids/parents. It was a blast! They had dance contests and games. They also handed out the activities for the week. This was on a 7 day cruise.

I have heard that Carnival usually does a family ice cream sunday party (we did not have this) basically same concept as the dance party but with ice cream.

I know that these are common for the 6+ day cruises not sure about shorter ones.

If your ship offers this I think it is a great thing for the family to do. It definatly started our cruise off on a great foot and he was so excited to go to camp the next morning.

Have a great cruise!

On RCI the first night is kind of an open house that is sometimes referred to as a meet and mingle. Especially for the teen ages this is definitely a time that you want them to go and meet other kids that will be attending the clubs. Maybe this is what you have seen before?

Archived