Pack and Go

kayjo

What kind of feedback would you like. We dont even know what rate or what exactly you want to know. All are gtys, so Carnival chooses your cabin. Upgrades are few and far between since the days of Upsell started, so book the category you want to be in.

Pack and go rates are usually pretty good. Of course, you may not have a cabin in the most desired place, but that's part of the reason it's priced as it is. If you're able to schedule vacation at the last minute, you can get a nice cruise for a good price.

I am thinking of booking The Fantasy with a great Pack and Go rate, and wonder if anyone has any feedback about this rate. I checked other sites and there are a lot of rooms left on this ship.

You get a good rate at the tradeoff of having your cabin assigned to you out of a selection of cabins no one wanted to book. ken.

You get a good rate at the tradeoff of having your cabin assigned to you out of a selection of cabins no one wanted to book. ken.

I think thats a postive not a negative. I love gtys... and the excitement of waiting to find out which cabin you get.

Once they do upsells, and move people out of their chosen cabins.. you could very well get one someone gave up that is in a great location.

I think thats a postive not a negative. I love gtys... and the excitement of waiting to find out which cabin you get.

Once they do upsells, and move people out of their chosen cabins.. you could very well get one someone gave up that is in a great location.

Nothing wrong with the Pack-and-Go - that's what I'm going to book for our next cruise. Like you say - kind of an excitement factor. ken

New to Carnival. Interested in April cruise.

When would a 'Pack and Go' sale take place

for a 7 nighter, April 17th cruise out of FLL????

Thanks.

:cool::cool:

Current Pack-and-Go's are for Jan-FEB sailings, usually 30 days or so. Enter Pack and Go in the SEARCH Box. ken

New to Carnival. Interested in April cruise.

When would a 'Pack and Go' sale take place

for a 7 nighter, April 17th cruise out of FLL????

Thanks.

:cool::cool:

Not all cruises have pack n gos. They list at most a dozen cruises .. and think of how many they have.

The answer is probably the odds are never for a particular cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx

Not all cruises have pack n gos. They list at most a dozen cruises .. and think of how many they have.

The answer is probably the odds are never for a particular cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/specials/packandgo.aspx

kAYJO WHEN IS THE PACK AND GO CRUISE YOU ARE LOOKING AT' date=' AND THE RATES? MIGHT BE SOMETHING FOR ME. THANKS[/quote']

clicking on the above link for Fantasy will give you

Feb 18, 2011

(Fri - Wed) $259.00 $369.00 — $899.0

I am looking at Feb. 18 on the Fantasy. Main reason is that I am so sick of the weather and airfare is so high right now that I thought I would try to get to a port within driving distance. My biggest question since I had never seen these rates until yesterday, is "Do I have time to think for a few days, or do these rates just pop up and then disappear?" There seem to be quite a few cabins in both inside and oceanview and the rates are better than I expected. It's not my favorite itinerary, but really, at this point I just want to be warm.

I am looking at Feb. 18 on the Fantasy. Main reason is that I am so sick of the weather and airfare is so high right now that I thought I would try to get to a port within driving distance. My biggest question since I had never seen these rates until yesterday, is "Do I have time to think for a few days, or do these rates just pop up and then disappear?" There seem to be quite a few cabins in both inside and oceanview and the rates are better than I expected. It's not my favorite itinerary, but really, at this point I just want to be warm.

Each week's Pack-and-Go rates come out on Wednesday and usually are gone by the weekend. They may or may not reappear. These are for Guarantee cabins, where you pick the Category (Inside, OceanView, Balcony or Suite) and Carnival assigns you a cabin location in that Category. ken

.. click on the link I posted.

Need more fun in your life, and need it now? Well pack your bags, grab family and friends, and get on board a "Fun Ship" cruise. In fact, book a cruise between January 12th and January 14th, 2010, and you can sail for as little as $169*.

Remember, these "funtastic" Pack-and-Go rates are non-refundable and end January 14th. Book your cruise today

They are good every week from Wednesday to Friday .. or sometimes sooner, if the rate fills up. But they dissapear at the end of Friday.

They last until they run out or Friday whichever comes first.

Personally, I like guarantee rooms and I like to feel like I got the best deal out there, so, for me, it works out. I know that it is possible to get an "undesirable room", but it hasn't happened to me yet and I have had guarantees on 4 cruises. I just like to cruise.

I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Paradise and got a rate of $216 per adult and $109 for our child. I can't wait to see where we will be staying!

Carnival doesnt have adult and child rates.. I think you are saying your child is the 3rd pax in the cabin, so got a lower rate.

I just booked a 3 day cruise on the Paradise and got a rate of $216 per adult and $109 for our child. I can't wait to see where we will be staying!

Well, our room has already been assigned and we are in M50, an interior stateroom near the elevators. We've stayed near the elevators before so we know that there may be more noise there, but I'm not going to complain about the location. We are excited!!!

Just booked a pack and go rate for March 6 cruise on Destiny. We booked OV. Just wondering if they ever upgrade to balconies?

Think I am just call back and ask how much to ugrade..

Charleyann

The answer is pretty much never .. unless the upsell fairy happens to call, and its not free.

Archived