why have prices gone up so much

phileas fog

Last year we had a 16 night cruise on the Azura to Venice in August for £1199 for an inside cabin and £1299 for an outside,this year with a cruise agent the cheapest inside is over £1800.Can anyone explain such an increase or will they come down later in the year?

You did well, we paid £1500 for an inside in September - same cruise - 16 nights. Never again for me on Azura. However, this year we think we got a bargain on Arcadia for 24 nights US/Canada. prices have gone up, yes, probably due to fuel costs.

Last year we had a 16 night cruise on the Azura to Venice in August for £1199 for an inside cabin and £1299 for an outside,this year with a cruise agent the cheapest inside is over £1800.Can anyone explain such an increase or will they come down later in the year?

I am guessing you booked fairly late. We booked the same August cruise when the price dropped to £1099 for insides last May when they clearly couldn't fill the ship. Although we eventually paid to upgrade to a balcony. If it just for 2 people I would hold off booking until a couple of months before departure because you'll pick up a good price if you aren't too fussy about cabin location. Before Xmas they were offering last minute fly-cruises to Caribbean for under £1K each. The Med prices for summer will come down in coming months I am sure as final payment dates get closer.

More people book their holidays in January than any other month. Co's charge more when demand is high and reduce prices when demand is low.

Never book in January, June, July, August and September if you want the best prices as demand is highest, unless of course you're looking for a late deal.

Traditionally best late deals occur between 12 and 8 weeks prior to departure when travel agents are asking for final installments when on average 7% of bookings are cancelled.

Best time for bookings is the week after Easter and Late October / Early November.

Direct from the former sales director from Appollo travel agents, but don't tell anyone else or it will spoil it for the rest of us :eek:

Any savings you make please forward 10% to me :D

That price for Azura must have been very late indeed, as we watched the prices and they were never more than £100 less than we paid. However, this year, our US/Canada cruise is now £600 PP more than we have paid. We will watch it with interest. The Azura cruise was the same one that they did all year on Azura and the same on Aurora, so guess what, the price came down. If the cruise is a special one, like Black Sea or egypt, then it will go up.

actually, my first post was wrong, we paid £1400, not £1500

Jeanlyon we booked on or around middle of June and at the time thought it was a bargain.

really enjoyed the cruise but would not want to pay much more. Hoping to go to the baltic on 7 th August on Oriana for 12 nites but they are quoting £1400 plus for an inside cabin so i think i shall wait a while.

We went on AZURA last year to Venice,superior delux£1499 each.

looking to go on't ARCADIA to usa-canada we waiting to see whats happens with the prices??currently £4,000 each for balcony.

Nearly went last year on AURORA got an offer for £2,600 for superior delux but couldn't get off work for the dates,lifes a bitch at times.

happy cruising people

We now only book ahead if it's a one off or new itinerary, and those are few and far between, having been fortunate to have done all the unusual/one offs.

Already booked ahead for this year for a new itinerary and looking at Adonia for its different ports of call in the Med.as opposed to the same old............

Old Git, we are on Arcadia to US/Canada next August. We booked an inside when it first came out. Currently, prices are £400 more than we paid on TA websites and £600 more on P&O site. Will be watching with interest. I do wonder if the balcony cabin prices come down quicker than the cheapest. There may be a reason, like upgrades or selling the cheaper ones first. If the prices does come down nearer the cruise, I shan't worry as we got our second sitting, car parking, lots of OBC.

Archived