No laughing...which is the best drink (most alcohol) for your dollar?

momof4girls

The best bang for your buck is a drink that is poured in front of you. Those frou-frou drinks have so much else in them that they simply taste like a smoothie.

Order a gin and tonic, or campari and soda, or your favorite on the rocks..it's made right there....very generously, I might add.

Same with martini's.

Carnival bartenders have a very heavy hand.....HA:D

Just wondering....has anyone ever "picked their bartender" at the beginning of the cruise, tipped up front "for the week" and had him/her NOT take care of you?

It's probably not a bad idea if you're going to be in a certain area most of the cruise. I can say that the 'special' drinks are ass kickers no matter where you get them from. If I was dumb enough to attempt 4 of those in one night I was in a world of hurt the next day. My first cruise I had 5 LIIT's. You'll have to ask my girlfriend how I was because I don't remember :o

I hope this is related enough to this thread: didn't wanna start a whole new thread.

Are you allowed to call your liquors? For example, would I be able to get Maker's on the rocks, or a Stoli and tonic? I suppose call drinks are more spendy than well, like on shore, right?

Yes, you can. On the drink menu they also note, example "Upgrade your drink for $3.00 more for Grey Goose", etc. I've asked for Stoli and tonic with lime, no problem.

The best bang for your buck is a drink that is poured in front of you. Those frou-frou drinks have so much else in them that they simply taste like a smoothie.

Order a gin and tonic' date=' or campari and soda, or your favorite on the rocks..it's made right there....very generously, I might add.

Same with martini's.

Carnival bartenders have a very heavy hand.....HA:D[/quote']

As I tell the cabin crew on the plane when they ask me if I want water with my whisky -- Whisky is the only thing I do straight!

I'll add a "Manhattan" -- bourbon & sweet vermouth.

Of course the best drinks for the price are the free drinks at the past guest party.

Used to have free drinks at the Captain's party too, but, alas, no more.

Might have a buck off during the Captain's party -- did last time I sailed the Carnival Ecstasy.

Also try one of the specially priced rum drinks -- in a regular (not souvenir) glass.

Those Manhattans at the Fun Farewell Party were GREAT! :D

OK - I found if you call Bon Voyage they can set you up with bottles to the room before you go. Personally, we are Jack drinkers. Granted the bottle is $65 but I believe no matter how you "mix" it, you can't get it that cheap at the bar. Hope that helps!!

Jack was $55 when I ordered it a few weeks ago. It has been wrong on that list since it was created a year or so ago...

Archived