bathroom goodie basket????

willowbilly

sailed NCL Pearl last year and in the bathroom was a basket of bathroom items to use. Sailing on the pearl in a few weeks do they still give those out and what is in the baskets?

We were on the JEWEL last month in a balcony cabin and had no basket of goodies. You can of course request bars of soap, shower caps, ect from the cabin stewards. :)

The baskets used to have body lotion as well.

Do you have to request bars of soap ?

Do they have the shampoo and liquid soap in the showers ? Sorry for the questions, I will be on NCL for the first time in March.

They do have shampoo, and body wash in the shower in dispensers.......and a hand soap dispenser at the sink.

The shampoo was ok, but I brought my own conditioner.

If you prefer bar soap request it from your cabin steward, or ask at the desk in the atrium and they will have the steward bring it to the cabin.

We were on the Dawn in Dec. and there was no soap in the dispenser by the sink on the 1st day so I opened it to give them a hint. Came back and it was not filled and they shut it. I had to call for soap. They brought 1 little bar. There was no cond/cr. rinse as the previous poster stated and very cheap shampoo and body wash. When we were on the Sky the year before there was high quality shampoo - conditioner and body wash. Not sure if they are going the cheapo way or what, but just to be on the safe side I would bring all my own toiletries. Enjoy your cruise! :)

When we were on either the Spirit or Gem, I had asked for bar soap from steward and he told me that it wasn't available, something to do with ph. I thought that was odd as I had gotten it before (this happened in 2007 or 2008).

Since that, we always pack some of our own. When we were on the Sun in 2010, the dispensers we had were smaller than what I had seen on previous NCL ships and one of our dispensers would typically go 1 1/2 days without steward filling up but we had our backups so we didn't make a big deal of it.

Archived