Jewel of the Seas 1/14/06

Max Circus

Hi - My wife and I (along with a few others) booked on the 8-night JOS sailing 1/14/06. It will be our third cruise, all on RCCL. Previously we've been on Monarch (10/96) and Navigator (03/04). We booked a grand suite for the first time.

Any recent passengers on Jewel? Any recommendation for the bars with the good bartenders? We always try to "make friends" with the bartenders the first day we are there. :D

Any excursions to recommend? We always try to avoid the RCCL-sponsored ones since they seem overpriced.

The 1/14/06 sailing is Eastern (San Juan, St Thomas, St Maarten, Antigua and Bahamas).

The Schooner Bar on Navigator was our absolute favorite. Made good friends with the bartenders and it made the week very enjoyable. Will have to check out the Vortex. We try to find "our" bar the very first night, then make sure to tip the bartenders well that first night.

I agree with the Schooner bar. One of the bartenders name was Rad, but who knows if he will be there almost a year from now. We are going in November again, and he said he was not sure if he would still be there.

You will love the Jewel. The ship itself is beautiful. Good size. Having done the Explorer this was quite a bit smaller, but also less people---it was very nice.

• 3 months later...

My husband and I plus our friends from New Jersey are booked on this cruise. We are part of a larger group (about 60 people) and look forward to a great cruise. This is our 18th cruise overall and 7th with RCI. We are also booked on the Freedom of the Seas 11/19/2006 sailing. Hope we get a good thread going and will have a nice Meet & Mingle get-together.

Archived