Newbie needs advice!

I have a few questions.... I am not new to CC, but I am new to Royal.

Next week, DH and I are booking the Liberty of the Seas for the Oct 15 sailing in the Med. I am booking us an interior and booking my mom and aunt a balcony.

I am making a down payment and then will be making payments for a couple of months. If the price goes down, can I get the lower price if I have not made the final payment?

What are the chances of being upgraded? (Not that we would. I am booking a cabin directly across from my mom so I would want to stay there).

Is it better to book with a TA vs. RCCL or vice versa??

Thanks in advance for your help.

You are eligible for any price drops prior to FINAL PAYMENT DATE. It does not matter if you pay the whole thing off 2 years in advance. It's not when the money is paid, it's the date that matters. If you have paid in full (before final payment date) and a price drop shows up you will get the difference refunded.

You will get the price drops until final payment is due...However, you will not get price drops on the tuesday wow sales...I personallly never use a TA. if you use a TA you do not own your reservation......this means that RCCL will not discuss changes to your reservation with you, only your TA.....i like to be in charge of my reservation....I am sure either way it will work out just fine....

The cruise pricing is the same whether you book with a TA or through RCI. The only exception would be if you found a TA with a Group Booking for your cruise where you could be added at the group rate. Some travel agencies will offer other incentives for your business like providing on board credit, free trip insurance, etc. You will have to call them and ask if they offer anything for booking with them.

Please be careful with a very few TA's, some have it in their contract that they will not honor price drops, these are few and far between.

It honestly depends on when the price drop occurs, sometimes it is refunded to your CC, other times it is onboard credit. They will try to get you to upgrade.

Chances of being upgraded--who knows, it seems to be hit or miss. They normally will start with Diamond+ members and go from there.

I have a few questions.... I am not new to CC, but I am new to Royal.

Next week, DH and I are booking the Liberty of the Seas for the Oct 15 sailing in the Med. I am booking us an interior and booking my mom and aunt a balcony.

I am making a down payment and then will be making payments for a couple of months. If the price goes down, can I get the lower price if I have not made the final payment?

What are the chances of being upgraded? (Not that we would. I am booking a cabin directly across from my mom so I would want to stay there).

Is it better to book with a TA vs. RCCL or vice versa??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chances of upgrade are likely slim. We did an interior cabin for the Italy cruise and its not bad at all. Just don't overpack! :O)

For a 7-night cruise, I used to pack 2 pair of slacks, 2 pair of jeans, and a suit. Now I pack 1 pair of slacks and 1 pair of jeans to save on space...I guess it would depend on the weather at the time of your cruise but most of ours are to the Caribbean so I only wear long pants at dinner time.

You have all helped tremendously, thanks so much!!! If we have the cruise paid off and the price drops, will we get that as OBC or will they refund our CC?

once it is past final payment, you can't get obc or a refund if the price drops, only an upgrade if that is an option. this is a new rule that was put in place on june 1:/

LOL I am the queen of NOT overpacking!! I did a 10 day land vacation to Paris a few years ago with just a small carry-on suitcase!! Thanks for the advice though, I will be sure to tell the hubby!!

Thanks for the positive words on an interior. We usually have a window or balcony cabin so my hubby is not quite sure. I keep telling him since this is a port intensive cruise, all we are going to be doing is sleeping and since he sleeps with the TV on anyway.... we can just tune in to the channel that shows where we are... lol.

Archived