Anyone tried latice?

Cozzette2

Hi-

I've used it for about two years now, just love it! I also use it on my brows, which were just awful thin, they really aged me. The first 6 months I used it every day, now I use just 1 drop on each upper lash line every other day to maintain...honestly sometimes two days go by. I use what's left on the applicator to apply to my brows.

I use it and love it. Wrote a comment under the fake lashes thread, but will update so you don't have to search for it. It took about 6 weeks before I even started to notice a change, but after 16 weeks it was amazing! Like the previous poster, after using for a year or so, I frequently skip a day or two and not notice the change, but if you stop using all together, it will revert to your normal lashes.

It costs about $100/ bottle, but that lasts me 6-8 weeks. For me it's worth it.

History (Legend?) of Latisse is that an eye doctor noticed that the people he treated for glaucoma had really long thick eyelashes. After his wife had chemotherapy and lost her lashes, he formulated this to help.

I heard that it might possibly have the side effect of turning your eyes brown!

Any truth to that?

My eyes were hazel two years ago and they still are!:) I think people with blue eyes may have more to be concerned about because the slightest change would be obvious. You just have to be careful not to put too much on the little applicator so that it doesn't drip into your eyes, but at $100/bottle, you are really careful not to use too much on the brush at a time anyway!:rolleyes:

I've used LILASH for about 2 months. Cost was $60. I now have to trim my eyelashes every other week. It started to work in about 2 weeks, and I only apply it every 3-4 nights now. Downside...my eyelids have turned slightly brownish. But who cares, you use makeup anyway.

L'Oreal's Double Extend has a serum that both thickens and lengthens lashes without the huge price tag (it's about $10) or side effects of Latisse. They sell both the serum by itself and a combo serum/mascara (the serum is applied first, then the mascara over it). I've used it for months, it does work, and my eyes are still blue :)

Think I might go for it, it sounds like it really works & isn't just a bunch of lies from an ad agency!

What a wonderful product.

Definitely not lies, but you must be religious about applying it daily. I do mornings b/c I'm more organized then. Also, be sure to give it time. I really wanted to see overnight results, but you must be patient. It's an investment, a long term investment, but the payoff is great.:D

PS. Putting on more or more often doesn't speed the process, it justs wastes product. :o

I think I will try it as well. Do you call your eye Dr. for a scrip?

Kris

I got mine from the plastic surgeon that I go to for laser treatments for spider veins on my face. I would think any physician could give it to you.

Latice is by perscription. I'm currently on drops for eye pressure as a preventative for glacoma. It has the same benefits/draw-backs as Latice.

My lashes were "average" before I started the drops. Within a few weeks, they began to thicken and lengthen.

I actually find them anoying. They interfere with my sunglasses. I also like a sleeping mask;however, now the lashes make using one impossible.

They seem to be "wild" (can't think of a better way to describe them).

I've been on the drops about 9 months & still haven't truly adjusted to the lashes.

Another issue is hair growth in places where you don't want additional hair. It stimulates hair growth on any hair folicle. This means a lot more plucking on the eyebrows. If you didn't have to use "drops", I'm sure you could control where the "run-off" goes.

I know every situation is different. I just want to point out that "more" isn't always better.

My dad has glaucoma and started on the full-strength version that Latisse was derived from several months ago. Holy eyelashes, Batman! The doctor told my mom to just dip the end of a QTip in his medicine and apply it every night to her upper lash line. She no longer uses mascara! If I didn't have blue eyes, I'd do Latisse in a minute. Their eyelashes are AMAZING.

Robin

My dad has glaucoma and started on the full-strength version that Latisse was derived from several months ago. Holy eyelashes, Batman! The doctor told my mom to just dip the end of a QTip in his medicine and apply it every night to her upper lash line. She no longer uses mascara! If I didn't have blue eyes, I'd do Latisse in a minute. Their eyelashes are AMAZING.

Robin

Robin, I really got a kick out of your post. When I described them as "wild" in my post, at least another person knew what I was talking about.

I'm thinking about "naming" them.

Robin, I really got a kick out of your post. When I described them as "wild" in my post, at least another person knew what I was talking about.

I'm thinking about "naming" them.

I totally got the 'wild' reference. My dad's are more so than my mom's. He's actually kind of embarrassed about them. But I just tell him it's better than losing his vision!

Robin

I am afraid of Latisse as I also have blue eyes.

Is there anything else out there that helps with growth and thickness

that doesn't have the potential to change eye color?

Try LiLash. Google it. Good website. It's expensive, but it really does work & 1 tube lasts 4-5 months. It's a purified eyelash growth stimulator that doesn't burn, sting, or stain your eyeballs. I have blue eyes & had no trouble with that. You may notice some thin staining of the eyelid right at the lashline, but if you wear eyeliner.... what's the difference? And it doesn't require a Dr.'s prescription.

You do have to keep using it; don't quit after the lashes get long (like I did!), because they will, like normal lashes do, eventually fall out :eek: & you're back to where you started. Easy to use. Like the above poster said, using more than instructed or more often just wastes the product. Slow & steady wins the race. I noticed a difference in 2-3 weeks, but at 4 months, my lashes were FABULOUS! And I'm 62, with naturally pathetic lashes -- blonde, thin & stubby. Am now on SSDI, so can't afford to buy it now. :(

Cheers & enjoy yourself! Life is short. Eat dessert first. ;)

I have had very good results with Rapidlash. I have blue eyes and was concerned about the color change but I have been using it for quite some time and my eyes are still blue. They now have it at Ulta and, so far, they have let me use my coupons to save a bit. I think it was $39.95 regular price.

Kathleen

• 4 weeks later...
I use it and love it. Wrote a comment under the fake lashes thread, but will update so you don't have to search for it. It took about 6 weeks before I even started to notice a change, but after 16 weeks it was amazing! Like the previous poster, after using for a year or so, I frequently skip a day or two and not notice the change, but if you stop using all together, it will revert to your normal lashes.

It costs about $100/ bottle, but that lasts me 6-8 weeks. For me it's worth it.

History (Legend?) of Latisse is that an eye doctor noticed that the people he treated for glaucoma had really long thick eyelashes. After his wife had chemotherapy and lost her lashes, he formulated this to help.

I absolutely love Latisse! I have been asked if my lashes were real. I always just had "normal" lashes before. I'm on maintenance use now. I haven't had any side effect problems at all - I have hazel eyes. AND....I got really lucky with an awesome deal I found a deal online for a free 30 day kit just by making a minimum donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. I donated $20. The doctor's consultation for the prescription was free. I just scanned and emailed the form and got my kit in the mail. Then I paid for my next kit which was regularly $98 at Wal-Mart and used a $20 off coupon! After that, I got another coupon for $10 off AND a $20 rebate!

So be sure and check online for deals. Especially on the Latisse site - That's how I got the savings. And then I called around to see who has the best price on it. My doctor would charge $120 per kit!

I absolutely love Latisse! I have been asked if my lashes were real. I always just had "normal" lashes before. I'm on maintenance use now. I haven't had any side effect problems at all - I have hazel eyes. AND....I got really lucky with an awesome deal I found a deal online for a free 30 day kit just by making a minimum donation to the Make-a-Wish Foundation. I donated $20. The doctor's consultation for the prescription was free. I just scanned and emailed the form and got my kit in the mail. Then I paid for my next kit which was regularly $98 at Wal-Mart and used a $20 off coupon! After that, I got another coupon for $10 off AND a $20 rebate!

So be sure and check online for deals. Especially on the Latisse site - That's how I got the savings. And then I called around to see who has the best price on it. My doctor would charge $120 per kit!

Thanks for the tip and I'm glad you've also had success with it!:D

Thanks for the tips on saving some $$$. I am glad to hear you like the product and that it s working for you. Kris

Archived