Legend refurbishment?

Boatingmom

Do you think we will be able to get into our rooms earlier since it will be fresh out of drydock?

We were on the Glory first cruise out of drydock and we were not able to get into the rooms until normal time. But I am sure each cruise-after-drydock has it's own specific challenges, so who knows..... Enjoy your time on the Legend! We get to be on board in a week and a day!

Legend will be out of service Feb. 6 through Feb. 20, 2011. Standard drydock only can be completed in just two weeks, so expect new bedding, new carpets, general maintenance, etc.

All you can expect is for the hull to be cleaned and inspected. Bedding will not be changed. TVs may be replaced. Carpet will likely be untouched as it is in exceptional condition. Look for new tiles and carpet only in the food area on the Lido deck.

In spite of what people think ships get very little wear and tear compared to office buildings and hotels and changes are not made very often. The ship will not seem fresh and clean, it will seem like it always does, like a ship.

People boarding on February 21 will not know the ship has been in drydock unless they notice that the hull no longer has sea grass growing on it.

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know if the Carnival Legend has the outdoor movie nights?

No, it does not have the outdoor movie screen.

PS...Oops, golb4cruzing types faster ...

already has a beautiful serenity area..... they just need to recover the golf green.....and maybe add some funner, livelier obstacles for it like the GOOFY GOLF in Ft. Walton Beach. man I miss that....I think I need to go play some goofy golf!;)

already has a beautiful serenity area..... they just need to recover the golf green.....and maybe add some funner, livelier obstacles for it like the GOOFY GOLF in Ft. Walton Beach. man I miss that....I think I need to go play some goofy golf!;)

Just got off the most recent sailing. Several of the greens had new carpet. But there were also many, many loose paving blocks that form the perimeter of each course. Still needs a lot of work. And the b-ball hoop is in pitiful condition. No net to speak of, the hoop is very crooked and the ball looks like it washed up on shore somewhere. Too bad it can't be regulation height (it's about 8') but the string of lights running down to the front of the ship is in the way.

• 1 year later...

Archived