Soon to be seven classes of ships.

David4

It is nothing new, and has nothing to do with new ship rumors.

That recording has been around when they were building the Oasis, and still had the Empress of the Seas. Oasis class was the seventh. Now that the Empress of the seas is out of the RCI fleet, they are back to 6 classes.

We have been through this explanation before, hopefully this will also be a short thread now,,,

We have been on the Emress, and miss her. On the Grandeur 5 times and don't like she is gone from USA ports also. Fans of travelling with a small town can keep the Oasis and Allure as far as we are concerned. Radiance has been the largest we've sailed on. Just like the smaller ships.
You don't know what your missing, oh well

• 4 weeks later...
If it was Captain James, I'd tend to believe almost anything he said, but I still remain doubtful that ships' officers are intimately involved in the design of a new generation of ship. Perhaps their input about features that they would like to see might help the marine architects to incorporate them in their design specifications, but the actual design process is more properly left to the professionals in that field. Now if Captain Bill Wright was onboard Jewel with you, his comments would have even more credibility.:D

As I knew all along, my source was correct.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4367

The new ship is 500 passengers bigger than Freedom Class but smaller than Oasis.

And No it wasn't the captain telling me, but as you now know with this announcement, it was a credible source. :D

Archived