when to purchase airfaire?

I always make a "mock" reservation to see what the cost would be if flying now and then you can get an idea of what it may cost when you actually want to fly....I always fly in the day ahead of embarkation just in case of bad weather, especially in January. We just sailed on the Navigator and fortunately flew in the day ahead of the cruise as well as major snow hitting our area. This way there is no stress about missing the ship.

There is always a lot of fluxuation in pricing these days, I find about 3 months ahead are usually the best. I watch a couple times a week and if their is a good price that I can live with I usually book it. Some times I will see a lower rate but its always nice to get the seats you want at a reasonable price too.

good luck

Brian J

We are flying from Cleveland to San Juan for our Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade. We booked the cruise in August last year. I watched airfare for about a month with no fluctuation at all and then I just booked. R/T was $358/person. I still check periodically (because I'm anal like that:D) and I have yet to see it cheaper than that.

Archived