Aft Vibration

In2why

Liberty in August and Paradise in December. Different classes of ships but the vibrating & rattling were terrible. Especially in the mornings. On the Liberty I literally taped shelves and cabinents shut so they didnt rattle and keep me up...:(

I also always sail aft. The only time I was bothered was on the Holiday, arriving and departing ports only. However, it was really bad during those times, but not a problem any other time. I have never noticed a problem on any of the other ships we have sailed. I will be sailing Triumph in March. Aft of ship on the Main (2nd level). I will definitely report back if I notice any vibrations.

I can only assume that different people have different tolerance levels and that is what accounts for so many differing responses regarding vibrations on the same ships.

Aft cabins that we have been in have a pleasant vibration. Definitely feel it when going in and out of ports. Also, feel the difference when the ship is manuevering. We were on the Valor 3 years ago when the ship went to assist a fishing boat with an emergency at 3:30 in the morning. We both woke up from the change in engine vibration. But, husband is former Navy Officer and spent many years on ships!

My first ever room was down on 2nd deck way way forward and I heard banging all night. I think is was something about hitting waves with the bow, but could have been stabilizers as well. Not sure.

If you have issues with any vibration, head mid-ship.

Archived